The AM Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:18:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM Dinner Gathering at Deerfield  (Read 3693 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: April 19, 2007, 12:43:09 PM »

It's that time again! The only difference this year is one of geography.

For those new to AM, the amfone boards, or just not paying attention in previous years, the AM crowd makes a point of getting together on Friday evening for a dinner gathering at a restaurant near the hamfest. In recent years we've been patronizing a nice little pub-style place in Concord named Cheers. Food has always been decent, atmosphere and pricing too, and it was easy enough to find so that we only lost people a couple of times.

This year we are moving east a ways, back to Deerfield, making Concord a bit further of a drive. So we're looking at a new spot, Johnson's Seafood and Steak, right on Rte 4 in Northwood and just east of the turn to Deerfield by a mile or so. I drove past this place many times while traveling to UNH in Durham to visit my squeeze of the day, but never stopped. It looks like one of those places with minimum frills, excellent food. It just has that look.

We need to check into seating, to be sure they can handle a group of moderate to large size. But from what the guys have posted in the NEAR-fest forum, it sounds like great food for reasonable prices. And it's close by, too.

Of course, Portsmouth is that much closer too, home of Carl 'KPD's preferred brewpub. It's tempting as well...

Stay tuned, more to come!

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 11:04:56 AM »

Sure wish I could be there.  Sounds great, Todd!

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »

We're reserving a spot for you and 'da HUZman for October.  Who needs Dayton when you have Deerfield???

Sure wish I could be there.  Sounds great, Todd!

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 12:59:14 PM »

Of course, Portsmouth is that much closer too, home of Carl 'KPD's preferred brewpub. It's tempting as well...

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 12:22:43 AM »

I don't think Portsmouth is any closer than Concord; probably farther.  73,  W1RC

[/quote]

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »

True, I should've said 'closer than it was'. Dinner is always a blast for those who choose to attend. Great food, great company, great conversation. Eating is a big part of the fiber of the AM community in general.

Looking forward to seeing the traveling team of 'JN and 'HUZ' performing at Deerfield in the future, chances are good that I'll also be a visitor at that point.  They joined us for dinner at the final Hosstraders last October and I'm sure were truly in awe of the combined intellect and creativity. Wink

k7yoo

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »

what are the dates--I want to see if I can coordinate one of my many biz trips to attend.
Skip
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 11:24:09 AM »

May 4th & 5th, October 12th & 13th. Sure would be great to have you join us, Skip!

Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 02:47:42 PM »

I've posted an announcement for this so the info wouldn't be buried somewhere in this thread:

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=10996.0

Hope to see you there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015