The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:30:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever get this urge?  (Read 9052 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: April 16, 2007, 06:03:46 PM »

Sounds like a slopbucketeer's reaction when someone takes "his" frequency. 

I usually get a similar urge at least once every time I use a computer, but so far have always managed to keep my cool.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2679426

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Joe Long
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 06:46:16 PM »

This kid would have gone far in the Hitler youth.
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 07:24:38 PM »

Boy, I'm glad I don't understand German very well.  "Das Goot's" about the extent of it. Don, I couldn't watch the whole thing. Looks like the kid has way too much time invested in all the wrong things. Some quality woodshed time might've done him some good back when it counted.
Where do you drag up such neat stuff?

RICK  *W3RSW*
W1GFH
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:37:14 PM »

The video is known far and wide as "Angry German Kid" and is something of an Internet Legend. 50 million downloads world wide. Almost as famous as "Star Wars Kid".

Here's a translated version w/subtitles. He's had way too much sugar in his diet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA
KI4OWV
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 09:52:59 PM »

Looks like me when a brand-new filter cap zorched in my rx about an hour into the last heavy-metal rally. Cry  (except I coulda tought that kid some new what my sister calls "working on radio words") Luckily I had a spare and the old hammarlund was still out of the cabinet. 20 minute fix and still able to hear the fun in hi-fi. An hour and four 807's later and my blood pressure returned to normal. And I didn't break anything.
kf4qkr

Old Buzzard AM

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 11:01:08 PM »

Yes the time I droped a small transformer that hit the handle of the long nose pliers hanging off the side of the work bench caterpaulting them a good 4 or 5 feet right in the side of a brandnew 813 which was in the socket, in the circut , and close to being tested.Instead I just tested a rube goldburg machine.I had to leave the shack for a few hours to keep from breaking more stuf on purpose.

Mike
Ed-VA3ES

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 12:04:02 AM »

Good thing keyboards are cheap.    Kid needs some thorazine.

"There ain't a slaw-bukit inna worl, that kin jam me!!"
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 02:22:47 AM »

I suspect it is fake.  What are  the odds that someone just happened to be right there, with video camera ready, at the precise moment he started his tirade?

Still funny, though.

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 04:27:02 AM »

Or this one famous one.

http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoaftIwN.html

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:38:19 AM »

I have actually done that!! (and boy did it feel good!!!)

2 years ago on Christmas day, my wife was sick, my in-laws decided (at the last iinute) that they were going somewhere else for christmas dinner, and the rest of the days plans were just shot to hell. I was allready in a bad mood (cage rattled and buttons pre pushed) so i decided to make the best of it and catch up on a few articles that i was writing. I figgered that with the rest of the day shot to hell, I'd try to make the best of a bad situation,  it would be a good day to catch up on some computer work.

(I didnt know that i had picked a virus from a parts suppliers website) My computer kept locking up, restarting itself and dumping everything that I has just typed. After the 10th attempt, I just lost it!! In a full fit of RAGE, I took my right hand and started pounding on the keyboard!!

With every hit, keys would fly!! it was kool!!. I just kept pounding untill I beat the keyboard clean into 2 pieces!. BOY DID THAT FEEL GOOD!! It just vented all of my pent up frustrations!!  It was absolutely gratifying!! I have always been known as a man of patience, but.  Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!! Grin Grin

the Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
W1ATR
Resident HVAC junkie

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 12:35:04 PM »

Slab, I'm normally pretty calm myself, but I've had moments like that. A few years ago, I was typing out a 4 page proposal for a big job complete with money and time calculations, (I was around 3 hours into getting this ready to go out the next morning), and the computer blue screened on me. Took the keyboard and slammed it on the floor. The thing just exploded, then I stood up and stomped the rest of it into dust. Damn good therapy it was indeed.

The kid in that vid needs to switch to decaf.

SK

Don't start nuthin, there won't be nuthin.

Jared W1ATR

Click for radio pix
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 01:11:59 PM »

I have actually done that!! (and boy did it feel good!!!)

In a full fit of RAGE, I took my right hand and started pounding on the keyboard!!

BOY DID THAT FEEL GOOD!! It just vented all of my pent up frustrations!!  It was absolutely gratifying!! I have always been known as a man of patience, but.  Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!! Grin Grin

YES! I was just discussing this recently, in fact. Someone mentioned that I never seem to get rattled or lose my cool, so I related two stories: one of an old West Bend alarm clock that was put into orbit one morning (briefly, before colliding with a wall). Alarm clocks are now out of reach, so I have to get up to shut them off, which allows time to regain some consciousness.

The second - the infamous 'Turntable Incident' in which I was listening to an album and the turntable would insert an occasional 'wow'. It was happening more and more lately, and was quite annoying. I'd done everything that my limited technical knowledge would allow and was at my wits end.

The next time it happened, I patiently removed the LP from the platter, then tore the turntable from its resting place (which fortunately pulled the audio cables and electrical cord free) and HEAVED it on the floor with all my might! Pieces flew everywhere! The tonearm shattered along with a number of other things, bent metal galore! Best of all, I thought I saw the whole thing bounce. Wasn't sure though, so I picked it up and heaved it again. Sure 'nuff! It bounced!

Felt most relieved, relaxed, really wonderful for the rest of the day, and week. Sure - I had to find another turntable, but it was so much easier than dealing with that one. Smiley

You really need to hear Pete, 'VZR tell the story of his FT-101E Olympic Hammer-Throw, Frank. Pete, Richaroni, and Deano had me close to passing out one night from laughing so hard at their stories.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
WA1GFZ

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »

seems to me Dean had a naughty rig after he connected the 12 volts backwards.
I seem to remember him shooting it full of holes
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 06:15:33 PM »

Now see the Angry German Kid play Eminem's New Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQcn16AzH3s&NR=1

And here's Angry German Kid vs. Douche Girl

- - -
W1GFH
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 06:26:45 PM »

One of the best remixes I've seen, includes the Top 3; Angry German Kid, Numa Numa Guy and Star Wars Kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N29QLQ8O9q8&mode=related&search=
WA1HZK

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 09:07:20 PM »

Sounds exactly like the guys on 3875 when they hear Brent & I on the channel!

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015