The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:37:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imus - RE27  (Read 14922 times)
AF9J
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 12:35:30 AM »

No Problem.  Smiley  Still, he does look like he's lost in the late 60s or 70s.  Somebody on one of the local talk radio shows (Mark Belling), said that Imus might end up back on the  air, on some no name station that needs ratings, or (on an outside chance) satellite radio.  BTW, guys who lambasted him like Sharpton & Jackson ought to talk.  I've never been a big fan of Imus, and what he said was uncalled for, but at least he's apologised.  Can you say the same about some of those high priced rap & hip-hop losers like Jay Z, and LL Cool J, who describe black women in their songs the same way, in just about every other verse?  Sharpton & Jackson don't go after them.  Also, why don't these two very same self appointed morality policemen apologise, for making life bad for those lacrosse players from Duke, with their rants about how they were obviously guilty of a crime that turned out to be made up?

Ellen - AF9J
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2007, 01:40:59 AM »

Tawana Brawley.  Roll Eyes

W1GFH
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2007, 02:16:21 AM »

It's not as if Imus career was being nipped in the bud here. He was apparently quite the superstar on the early 70s NYC radio scene, but given the tiny audience who find his current senile mumblings entertaining, I think he's about due to retire anyway. The "nappy headed ho's" utterance was typical of the show's continual desperate attempts to be hip and current.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2007, 04:45:58 AM »

What? Are you going to put your face in it?

Joseph Pujol was a colorful Frenchman who, under the stage name "Le Pétomane" (which sort of translates into 'The Fartist'), became one of the most celebrated entertainers of the late 19th century farting his way to fame and riches.

Le Pétomane was unique. He exercised deft control over the muscles in his abdomen and sphincter in order to break wind at will, and--most impressively--in musical notes. His celebrated anal act consisted mainly of songs and impressions. He could only produce four tones naturally (do, re, mi and the octave do), but augmented his talents by using a flute affixed to an enema tube. Le Pétomane's "pièce de resistance," however, came from smoking a cigarette and extinguishing a candle--all with the power of his turbulent arse.

le pétomane du Moulin Rouge

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W3LSN

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2007, 03:03:03 PM »

Joseph Pujol was a colorful Frenchman who, under the stage name "Le Pétomane" (which sort of translates into 'The Fartist')

It's all sort of proto-Howard Stern, but I read once that the 1893 Columbian Exposition had someone who could f*rt the Star Spangled Banner. 

Now that really paints a picture!
kf4qkr

Old Buzzard AM

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 09:33:36 PM »

I am no fan of Imus but this hypocrytical circus makes me angry.I have heard worse out of the mouths of Jamie Fox,Criss Rock and Eddie Murphy in thier stand up comedy that I watched on TV.What about all the language in this rap music on mtv.It is a lot worse than what Imus said.   I hear a lot of talk of equality but what I am seeing is white equality, black equality.hispanic equality,red equality,ect.What I would like to see is equal equality,but that is impossible to obtain swimming in this sespool of political correct BS.

Mike
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015