The AM Forum
May 19, 2024, 10:00:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 75 A.M. mobile  (Read 2728 times)
kf2vm
« on: April 06, 2007, 02:50:37 AM »

Just rebuilt my mobile set-up and want to thank N1SNG, W2DTC, and evryone else for putting up with my constant "trolling" for signal reports. Man, I am falling back into that same "addictive personality"!! Spent three days getting every detail addressed. I've felt better in the past three days, than I 've felt in three years. Ripped the passenger seat out of the Cherokee, and rack mounted the Alinco, the SGC "SMARTCUBE" amp, and of course, two meter rig.  Not exactly a "GIRLFRIEND" ready means of transport, but she gets to drive the new Jeep, so we're O.K. It is a sight, though. Base loaded whip, bolted to a reinforcement plate on roof. Pi-Tuning network bolted to inside of roof. First efforts resulted in so much corona at tip of antenna, that it sounded like I had a P.A. system, every time I socked a YYYeeeeaaaalllooo. All of it worth it. The miles just fly by, when you have the big 85 in the Jeep next to you.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 07:34:34 AM »

Jamie, I heard you on 3885 last night and you were definitely strapping into Maryland last night.  About -50 dBm on the Cubic R-3030 receiver  Grin

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 07:59:32 AM »

You got any good mods for the Alinco Jamie? I use one of those things mobile, but it could be improved in a few ways. I haven't done anything to it yet. Thanks........Larry
ve6pg

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 09:53:19 AM »

...WHICH ALINCO...?...I HAVE A DX70, WERKS FB...AM RECEIVE IS GREAT...WHIP,(PRO-AM), MOUNTED ON THE TRUNK, LOTS OF GROUNDING STRAPS, (DOORS, HOOD, TRUNK, EXHAUST PIPE), GETTING AMP NEXT WEEK...JAMIE, HOW ABOUT SOME PIX?....TIM...sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 07:04:09 PM »

Hey Jamie.... i came in on the end of the aso as u were hitting the driveway. Good siganal here in Buddlyland. Recognized the voice right away.

Good hearin' ya again. Stay tuned !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015