The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:15:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tube Tester Adapters  (Read 2060 times)
W7SOE
Contributing

« on: March 07, 2007, 06:33:23 PM »

I have acquired a B&K 500 tube tester.  For the loctal type of tube bases it requires an adapter, which of course it is missing.  I know nothing about how tube sockets in at tester are wired.  I am wondering it I can make my own adapter, wiring pin-for-pin.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Rich

K3ZS

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 09:22:35 AM »

This is possible to do, but never heard of it done with your tester and loctal tubes.   I purchased some adapters for a Hickok tube tester from a fellow who makes them.    They were adapters for many of the older radio receiving tubes made in the 1920,s and 1930,s converted to standard octal plugs, for some of the newer Hickok testers.    I was fortunate to get a mutual conductance tester for $20 that was working perfectly.   So I didn't mind paying $60 for four adapters.   It included the settings for "obsolete tubes" .   I suppose you could build the adapter with the correct plug and socket and look up the settings you need in at a tube data web site.    Usually loctal sockets are on newer testers.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015