The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:38:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of bugs (while you're still working on it :-) )  (Read 19363 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: February 11, 2007, 12:03:29 AM »

First, it looks GREAT !  Nice improvements all around.

I did find a couple of bugs (or perhaps these are "features" :-) ?? )

The biggest one is this - it appears as if one cannot modify or delete a post??  I entered a post, and discovered a typo - went to fix it and NO EDIT function.  I also was unable to delete the post (no delete either).

2nd and more minor, the very small text at the top of a topic, showing the number of times the topic has been read, along with some other information (that I could not read) is in a font so small as to be unrenderable (and unreadable) on some machines (mine, in particular).  The font is in a specific pitch, so the normal browser function which makes text larger does not affect this particular line of text.

Otherwise, looks beautiful.  I know how much work it is to maintain this site and it is much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
N3WWL
Founding

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 06:51:28 AM »

Steve, I believe I fixed the modify (edit), and delete own topic concerns.  Let me know if you can perform these functions now.

steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 11:06:38 AM »

Hi Jay,

Hmmmmmmm... at least for the topic I entered last night, the edit and delete functions are not present.  There appears to be a time out involved.  Last night, when I entered the topic, I was able to invoke the edit function.  However, when I went to post the changed topic, I received an error message that the time for editing had expired.  There edit buttons did not appear after that time.

This may help zero in on the problem. 

Let me know if you folks need any admin help.  I am familiar with PHP, and I am very familiar with the HTML protocol, UNIX and TCP/IP.  I have a number of unix machines available for testing and staging.

Talk later and Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:19:53 AM »

Give it a try now Steve.

It had a 10 minute window for editing after posting. I have reset that function

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 02:15:19 PM »

Works great (looks great too - with the new font size above the window :-)

Talk later and Regards,

Steve

k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 09:13:52 PM »

One question - it  doesn't seem to affect posting messages, but why are some words randomly highlighted in yellow as I type a message?

Most of the words that the Firefox spell checker underlines also appear highlighted, but some words that are not underlined still come out highlighted.  My spell checker underlines many proper names and these usually are also highlighted.  But sometimes words that my spell checker underlines do not come out highlighted in yellow.

There seems to be a correlation between spell check and highlighted words, but it is not 100%.  What gives?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »

We have installed a spell checker in the posting area. If you wish to not use it just un-check the box marked marked "Spell check" below the area you type your messages in . I have been using the one in Firefox, I like it.

G

G - The INR

SWLR-RNŲ54
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:04:01 PM »

OK.  I just figured it out.  The board's spell checker is based on a different dictionary from Firefox.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 09:53:36 AM »

Yup. And therin lies the problem of having multiple spell checkers. If the spell checking is handled at the OS level, ONE dictionary is used for all applications. As you add new words (happens often with the technical language we use), they work and spell check correctly in all applications, not just one.
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 10:05:09 AM »

I just tried to read a topic that had two pages.  I have not previously read the topic and went to page one.  When I finished that page I could not find the link to page 2.  Am I over looking it?  If so could someone point it out to me?
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 10:33:15 AM »

At the top and bottom of the post are blue letters in the black area that allow you to go to pages.

Please be sure your monitor is set properly otherwise these will not show well. They are viewable from three feet away if set correctly.

G - The INR

SWLR-RNŲ54
n3lrx
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 03:26:13 PM »

To my poor eyes the dark blue letters are the only thing that bothers me. I have to squint to see them. Once you mouseover and they highlight they're fine but the resting color is a bit dark for a black background.

Could be just me, I've always had problems with color clashes where one color makes the other invisible while other people seem to have no problems at all.

Other than the the new paint job looks great!
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 08:40:10 PM »

I have tried all the setting I have to highlight the dark blue agains the black background to see those page numbers and cannot get them to stand out.

What am I doing wrong?
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 09:13:35 PM »

We are working on changing the color on those options.

G

G - The INR

SWLR-RNŲ54
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015