The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:19:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harbach Electronics Has Closed Permanently  (Read 434 times)
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« on: March 31, 2024, 03:04:13 AM »

ANNOUNCEMENT on Harbach Electronics web site:

***Harbach Electronics Closed Permanently***

28 March 2024:  Due to being diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease, Harbach Electronics will be permanently closed. I am exploring options for someone to keep the business going and if that works out, great, if not, it has been a great run for 27 years since I took over from Al Harbach, WA4DRU.  I am officially closed and any outstanding orders will be cancelled and refunded. I am leaving work on a medical retirement and moving to Florida. 73 Jeff W8CQ

https://harbachelectronics.com/

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
KD1SH

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 09:59:33 AM »

Thoughts and prayers for Jeff, first and foremost, and secondly, regrets over the loss of another excellent business that has served the amateur community so well. I've ordered a number of items from him to support my SB221 and SB200 over the years, but procrastinated on ordering filter cap kits for both, unfortunately.

ANNOUNCEMENT on Harbach Electronics web site:

***Harbach Electronics Closed Permanently***

28 March 2024:  Due to being diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease, Harbach Electronics will be permanently closed. I am exploring options for someone to keep the business going and if that works out, great, if not, it has been a great run for 27 years since I took over from Al Harbach, WA4DRU.  I am officially closed and any outstanding orders will be cancelled and refunded. I am leaving work on a medical retirement and moving to Florida. 73 Jeff W8CQ

https://harbachelectronics.com/

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 10:01:42 AM »

This just in:
***Harbach Electronics Closed Temporarily***
31 March 2024:  Due to being diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease, Harbach Electronics will be temporarily closed. Scott, KB1SEL (amprepairguy.com) will be taking over Harbach Electronics. Scott will do an excellent job of carrying on the Harbach Electronics name and reputation! I am working through small pending orders as I am able.  Large orders which I am having trouble with will be canceled and refunded via the method of purchase.  I will try to have the transition to Scott move as quickly as possible but please give Scott and myself some time to get this all worked out as it has happened so quickly. 73 Jeff W8CQ

KB1SEL is a serious amplifier guy. From what I read he does a lot of repair and build of some rather large amplifiers. My only hope he doesn't cut himself too thin from both businesses! Good luck to both Jeff and Scott!

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015