The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:30:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sure For Sure it is very open...  (Read 2986 times)
wb1ead
Contributing

« on: October 17, 2023, 12:53:55 PM »

Hi All..I've held back reporting on 15mtrs for now seeing as gud ol' 10mtrs has been bubbling away for well over a week now..starting in my neck of the woods as early as 1200UTC and going sometimes to beyond 1800UTC..at least a dozen or more "regulars" have been showing up so if you all were waiting on the starting gun it's now..put ur VFO on 29mhz..one returning oddity yet to be ID'ed is the carrier on 29.100 which at one time was quiet at S9+ is now "buzzy" and noisy..it lasts throughout that time period..??...gud luk boys 'n girls..have fun on AM !  73 de DAVE WB1EAD
PS: loved ur audio message Rick....

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 01:10:31 PM »

Hi All..another day another dollar..since I reported last the 10mtr AM section has been very much open..lots of Europa coming in starting sometimes as early as 1300 UTC going to way past 1800 UTC..today among a few of the ones I worked was an "unusual" AM QSO..worked Doug G4VZR via remote from the Canary Is..he says it's 27 C and gorgeous there..others heard were GW8TBG/G3YPZ/I5KAP/G8NOF/CT1EHI/G4OJY and a slew of others..they were working KL7OF/W2VW/K1GUP and W0TDH just to name a few..well der ya go from my corner of the USA..GUD LUK ! 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

KL7OF

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 07:32:13 PM »

Tnx for the report Dave.. Ive been having fun on 10M..... lotsa AM dx..  actually had a small Euro AM pileup today.  A lot of the usual suspects and new stations too...  I noticed some skewed path signals and auroral flutter on over the pole stuff from Scandanavia  etc late evening grey line for me. well after dark for them...  There are lots of stations willing to try AM with the new transceivers.  It's great.. they see the signal, thenlisten, then call...   I think this is great..   Gud Luk all ... Steve
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 09:40:34 PM »

if you want to review aurora activity when you are on the air, the live aurora map for Northern Hemisphere is here on AMfone. It gets updated every few minutes.

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=38072.0

Late afternoon I've listening and calling CQ with the beam at about 330 degrees searching for Japan and about 300 degrees for Australia. Nothing heard in Jersey.

Europe is easy. Most of the time the propagation to them is Sporadic E and/or some fair F2.
I wonder if there are any African stations on 10 meter AM.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 12:49:13 PM »

Hi All..not only is the 10mtr band open daily in varying degrees..sometimes FB..other times just barely..for the last few weeks it's been super..!!..on the "oddity" side of things..that carrier on 29.100 has become a daily thing..it sounds like a repeater output now..reminds me of 29.620 when 3 or 4 repeaters are on at the same time..anyone got a clue what this..?..input/output if in fact it is a repeater..FM/AM ??..BTW another carrier at 29.130 has also been a daily visitor going on for hours..?..oh yes FMers have showed up from day to day..usually on or around 29.050..
                      Guys & gals no need to wonder..yup 10mtrs AM has plenty of activity..1400 to 1800 UTC   73 de DAVE WB1EAD

wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2024, 03:22:51 PM »

Hi All..considering it is one BIG time contest weekend I decided to look around on 10mtrs..just after 1730 UTC I hoid John G3YPZ who was yakking with someone here stateside (29.000) named Jerry..callsign..?..anyhoo I figured that since John was only S3 or so at best no need to start CQing..I moved up the band (29.030) and ran into Uli DB1NT who was calling CQ..we had a nice long QSO with minimal QSB..he was an easy 5/9 running an Icom 705..he left to go to dinner and who to my surprise popped in but Henk PE1MPH with a FB 5/9 signal !!..this at 1750 UTC..we had plenty of time for several "overs" but then the band took a turn down as it usually will do..great to work Henk again after years & years..Tnx Henk and Uli !!
                      So guys & gals there ya are..ya just never know who ur gonna run into..now it's true i don't do enuf on the posting but I can assure you like the title says.." for sure it is very open "   gud luk 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

pe1mph

pe1mph AM from Holland

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 03:50:49 AM »

Hi All..considering it is one BIG time contest weekend I decided to look around on 10mtrs..just after 1730 UTC I hoid John G3YPZ who was yakking with someone here stateside (29.000) named Jerry..callsign..?..anyhoo I figured that since John was only S3 or so at best no need to start CQing..I moved up the band (29.030) and ran into Uli DB1NT who was calling CQ..we had a nice long QSO with minimal QSB..he was an easy 5/9 running an Icom 705..he left to go to dinner and who to my surprise popped in but Henk PE1MPH with a FB 5/9 signal !!..this at 1750 UTC..we had plenty of time for several "overs" but then the band took a turn down as it usually will do..great to work Henk again after years & years..Tnx Henk and Uli !!
                      So guys & gals there ya are..ya just never know who ur gonna run into..now it's true i don't do enuf on the posting but I can assure you like the title says.." for sure it is very open "   gud luk 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

Thanks Dave!
Your signal were S4 -S9 on 29.030!!
Great to hear / work you again. Wink

Later I heard N3TBW calling cq on 29.020.
A pity for me, he did not heard me Cry

Greetings,

Henk / pe1mph
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015