The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sp 210 help  (Read 14390 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 12:35:43 PM »

is there a good pickoff point out of the back of the ft 101? I have a extra quadrophonic reciever and speakers.

I've been feelin not so hot last 4 or 5 days, left hand screwed up, so I haven't been in there working. Matchbox needs 2 solder connections to finish, but they're buried underneath the coils and I gotta have 2 working hands to do it.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 02:06:44 PM »

There is an external speaker jack output. This is not a line level output though, so some considerations would need to be made if driving another external amp.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

So I had on order a new set of rectifier tubes for it 6x5wgt/5r4gy.

If only all repairs were that simple! Strange tube combo, though - are they the stock tubes, or subs added by a previous owner? I've never seen one using those tubes, not that this means much. Smiley

My SP-100 started munching fuses every few days, so I installed a new 5Z3 and 80, and all is well.

Considering how nice they sound in stock form driving a good speaker, I'd say they're excellent receivers, considering it's a 1930s design.

Have fun with it John.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 03:53:38 PM »

todd,

check dem filters?
W9JCM
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 04:58:59 PM »

Todd,
 It came with a NON org power supply much more stout and that was the tube line up for it. I had posted pictures of it on this posting a few weeks ago if you want to check it out. Anyhow when I am done with the resto on it I will post some pic of the finished rig.

tnx
John N9AMI Grin
W2NBC
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »

Interesting on all comments regarding the SP line of receivers.. I currently own and use an SP-400X with a few more features and updates than the 210, but has the same basic layout.. Recently, I recorded Steve WA1QIX during daytime conditions pre-audio stage (AF wiper) line level. GREAT RECEIVER!!

http://www.dealamerica.com/wav%20files/Steve%20as%20a%20DJ.wav

Vintage Radio Pages- http://www.dealamerica.com
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 12:35:49 AM »

Todd,

never mind. too much drugs is making me a scary guy.  Roll Eyes
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 11:39:10 AM »

Todd,
 It came with a NON org power supply much more stout and that was the tube line up for it. I had posted pictures of it on this posting a few weeks ago if you want to check it out. Anyhow when I am done with the resto on it I will post some pic of the finished rig.

Yeah, that's right too. Silly me, I was even in that part of the discussion.  CRS sets in... Roll Eyes  Looking forward to the pics.

Nice avatar, Frank Bullitt and the '68 Highland Green 'stang remain timeless. One of my all-time favorite movies.

Todd,

never mind. too much drugs is making me a scary guy.  Roll Eyes

Nah, just more amusing.  Grin Besides - what's my excuse? Not enough?

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 05:42:29 PM »

I'm taking 9 different drugs, 44 pills a day.  Tongue
W9JCM
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 12:16:05 PM »

Yup I Steve  was a true American no doubt and i you are into fast cars and motorcycles you gotta love um. My uncle used to race with him in the old Virgina City NV races back in the day.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015