The AM Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:21:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom's Tubes  (Read 3263 times)
kc2ifr
« on: January 09, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »

Tom from Tom's tubes has passed on. I have bought from him many times and he was a true gentleman. He will be missed.

WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:24:42 PM »

Had to look him up. W4TH
Was unaware of his place.
Too bad, he wasn't even 60, but it looks like he came down with something.

------

JULY 16, 2006 - TOM'S TUBES IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED.

WATCH THIS WEB SITE FOR UPDATES.

THANK YOU.

TOM
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 09:54:30 PM »

Sure hate to hear about Tom.  While I didn't know him, I do know his style of business.  I bought tubes from Fred/N4TT at Typetronics for years.  I am really sad that Fred is gone and now Tom. 

I could send an order to Fred and he always charged a fair price for this product.  If his price was less than what I sent, he would always refund.  If it was more, he would not say a word unless the amount I sent was over 5 dollars short.

If anyone has a good source like these two, please post it.  I need some tubes now.

WA3VJB
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:01:25 AM »

Yeah I last saw the Typetronics fellow N4TT, at the Timonium (Maryland) hamfest a few years ago, and he was about 90 then (born 1913 says database).

There's a pair of brothers in Florida I would like to recommend for tube stock. They're great to deal with, I'll find my last invoice and post the contact information here. They had three 810s and no way to test them. Being interested, I sent the money for one of them, tested all three, took a JPEG of the transmitter and the plate glow, and sent two back. Nice trust, where everyone got a benefit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015