The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:56:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX-60 PTT MOD?  (Read 4407 times)
W1TAV
Contributing

The Glow of Wood and Radios

« on: December 31, 2006, 11:13:01 AM »

DX-60 PTT MOD??

Looking at the schematic, it appears to be “deceptively” simple to add, so what am I missing?  I have not found an abundance of information on adding PPT to the DX-60,  that leads me to believe it is simple as it seems.   

* W1TAV AM.jpg (290.91 KB, 800x600 - viewed 561 times.)

Steve - W1TAV
WA1GFZ

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:26:19 AM »

It should take a DPDT relay or it is too complicated. one pole for the antenna and the other to key the rig.
Simple things don't have many failure modes.
VE1IDX

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 12:27:19 PM »

When the function switch on my DX-60 went out in a blaze of glory  Shocked I  added PTT to the rig. I had a small metal project case about 4 inches cubed and wired an octal plug in the back and ran a wire harness to the rig connecting to the various points that the old function switch did.A simple 4 pin mike plug is mounted on the front panel as is a power on switch with an AC outlet on the rear panel to plug the DX-60 into. The box also handles antenna changeover. I turn the rig on with the SPST switch and I have another SPDT switch labeled PTT and CW.In the PTT position the tx is activated by the microphone which activates two relays,one for the TX control and the other for the antenna.There are 3 S0-239 jacks on the back of the box for RX,TX and ANT.In the CW position it switches the rig to TX and I simply start sending with the key.I did leave the function switch in the rig and it still functions as a mode switch selecting either CW or AM. The rest of the contacts are melted and gone.It looks good and works great.

Learn from others mistakes.You will never live long enough to make them all yourself.
KR4WI
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 01:55:51 PM »

Steve; That picture is very nice, I wish my set up looked that neat, and Im sure it works as well as it looks. Matthew KR4WI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015