The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:53:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INFO- UTC H-1667  (Read 3211 times)
KA8WTK
Contributing

« on: January 11, 2007, 08:46:03 PM »

Looking for information on a UTC H-1667 Varimatch transformer. Looks like an interstage/driver type. Can't seem to find it in any of the catalogs available on the web.
  Any information appreciated.

Thanks!    Bill KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
wa6mtz

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 11:32:19 PM »

Hello Bill,
Have looked through a 1944 edition Radio Masters catalog and do find UTC varimatch transformers but no number close to yours. Most are either one or two digit numbers. Hope someone else has the info for you.
Leo
W2XR
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 12:47:22 AM »

Hi Bill,

I believe, but I'm not entirely sure, that the UTC part number in question here is a special, made to a unique customer specification. The deviation from a standard catalog item could be something as simple as the paint color of the unit,  a different test procedure, or it could be an entirely unique device to a very specific customer specification, etc.

To this end, you most likely would not find it listed in any catalog denoting UTC components.

There is a company in New Jersey by the name of OPT Industries that acquired either all or part of the UTC audio transformer product line. I know that they acquired the Linear Standard LS-Series. Perhaps you can contact them; it's a long shot, but they may have the engineering documentation on file for this device.

Good luck!

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015