The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:40:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ordering a pizza in 2010  (Read 2608 times)
wa1knx
Contributing

« on: December 11, 2006, 06:51:50 PM »

may not be that far off..

http://aclu.org/pizza/images/screen.swf

am forever!
WB3JOK

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 09:25:41 AM »

interesting...
I already order pizzas online via credit card from PapaJohn's when traveling. So far they don't have that kind of info on me (as far as I know)  Shocked
-Charles
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 10:25:34 AM »

If you want to really feel paranoid....  Almost every retail outlet nowdays has a camera on the cash register area, gas stations w/ self serve have cams on the pumps, wallie marts, jewelry stores etc have cams on the stores and parking lots. Here in NY state, them roadcams that are installed to "improve traffic" are  on heavily traveled roads/intersections.

Locally, a police officer was shot and killed resulting from a jewelry store robery. Between the robbery point to the murder site there was a ~6 mile stretch of highway. The State PD pulled every security cam tape in between looking to ID the perps and to generate a witness list.   <<I'm sure anyone using this board would be happy to be interviewed if it would help locate a murderer. I just don't want the proceding paragraph to be misunderstood>>

The new worry is the RF ID tags that will/are pooping up. These things are surface mount chip size and are easy to inbed into things.

I have e-zpass- an RF id for the car that is used on toll roads, etc. You drive through a toll booth without stopping and your card is debited. {Time out - time in} / distance travelled = traffic ticket...   When toll "cards" were used, they were time stamped, and a policing agency had the ability to issue tickets, but to my knowledge, this never happened.. With the electronic e-zpass,the ticketing is much easier and automatic... if "THEY" want to.... 

Om another note, if you travel and are given the credit card type door "keys' you have a real worry. Your name/ credit card number, and maybee home address phone num. or car lic. plate are programed into the card. Loose it and maybee your in for some fun.  The card info is to be deleated after you return the card at check out. Operationally, the card with your info may sit around the office untill the next patroon needs to use the room and the info gets overriden....... 

If you buy the "gift" cards for "the holidays", make sure you dont get a card thats hanging in public view or access.... the card number is visible, and someone may call the card issuer to see if/when the card has been activated... if so, then by by $$

pheasant dreams,       klc

What? Me worry?
W2JBL

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 09:10:53 PM »

the NYS Thruway Authority issues the occasional ticket for EZpass speeding down here. you gotta really be haulin' for it to happen though. this is done on 87 between Yonkers and Harriman.  a few frineds of mine got them last year. me? i don't use no stinikin' EZpass. good thing, 'cause i have made it from Mamaroneck to Old Forge (280 miles) in as little as three hours.
n3lrx
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 09:46:23 PM »

Last time I went to Bawston on the parkway, I hauled ASS! foot to the floor the whole way, the ticket taker didn't even flinch. No cop pulled me over and I didn't get a nasty-gram in the mail. Same thing on the Mass Pike.. Foot to the floor, no tickets.

I made pretty good time too! I made it from Bowie, MD. to Fitchburg, MA (North Central MA.) in under 7 hours! I might have just gotten lucky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015