The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about SoftRock SDR...  (Read 5622 times)
kf6pqt

« on: December 04, 2006, 03:54:22 PM »

There is no "main website?" Just a paypal account you send some $ to get one? I've joined the yahoo group, thats about the best way right now to learn which versions are available? AmQRP page looks quite out-of-date.

Thanks,
Jason kf6pqt

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 06:12:49 PM »

Hi Jason,
  When the SoftRock 40 was introduced, it was sold through the AmQRP folks. Since then Tony has made many different revisions and versions.
  The user group on Yahoo is the best way to keep up with what is going on. All of the documentation is in the files area for you to peruse and use. Tony keeps us up to date on what is available through the user group. Users tell us about experiences with sound cards, software and hardware modifications. (There are some darn smart people out there.) While it can take a bit of work  to sort out the information you want from all the posts, it's worth it. If you can't find what you want to know, ask the group.

Bill KA8WTK
kf6pqt

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 06:50:16 PM »

Thanks! Good to hear I'm on the right track... and not just being dumb or something, being as it is Monday and all.  Grin

Thanks again,
Jason kf6pqt

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
WA1GFZ

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 08:19:21 PM »

I built a SR6 nice kit. Just measure the resistors before you install them a bit hard to see colors.
I use EDR as a IF interface to do demodulation and spectrum monitor. Tony can provide crystals for a number of different IFs. I use i2PHD software. fc
n3lrx
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 12:19:06 AM »

where do I get the kit? The QRP page say's there are none available.. It sounds like something I'm interested in. I'd like the Soft-VFO and the freq-counter.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 10:53:17 AM »

Send Tony an email he just posted a couple built units for sale a couple days ago.
He may be between production runs. Sometimes he has a couple test units kicking around. Tell him the frequency range you want to do.
kf6pqt

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 12:40:59 PM »

The "lite" version is shipping tho, correct?

The available xtals all seem to be in the cw part of the bands, whatta ya do to get the 75m AM center frequency, order a custom rock from the usual suspects?

Thanks,
Jason kf6pqt

W6IEE, formerly KF6PQT
WA1GFZ

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 01:06:34 PM »

Tell tony what frequency you want to use and he may have a crystal that works for you. most of these guys do cw. I have my set up on a 455 kHz IF strip so i just tune the radio to any frequency I want.
SR light is the economy model. I don't know anything about it. I'm sure it works though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015