The AM Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:51:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frederick MD hamfester  (Read 4215 times)
N3DRB The Derb
« on: June 17, 2006, 08:09:11 PM »

me and Gloria are going to be tailgating some old junk at the Frederick MD hamfest tomorrow. I'd like to touch base with any local gangsters that may attend. Look for us under the umbrella at the white dodge ram 1500.  Cheesy  I can show you my Doom 3 inspired head scar complete with bald head.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 11:16:20 PM »

Cool!  I'll be there, and I believe the Slab will be as well.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:32:51 AM »

Hey DERB,
How is life??? So many things have changed!
I'm reeetired with a wife and a baby in Western Pa.! Ham station is up and running.
I'm dealing with some health issues, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Are you on the air?

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »

Cool!  I'll be there, and I believe the Slab will be as well.

I wuz there, and boy wuz it friggin HOT!! Shocked Shocked 

Didnt see hyde nor hair of the Derb!! Timmy where are you?? Earth to Derb, Earth to Derb come in Derb!! I was really looking forward to seeing you there, itas been a
looonnnggg time........................

The Real shocker was not seeing W3JN!! Shocked Shocked John, you are a fixture at ALL of the local festers, and this one was practically in your back yard! Whats up with that??

The fester was pretty good, saw a few friends, and scored some goodies. Lots of fairly reasonably priced BA gear. I scored some cheap 4-400s and a very nice / clean
HQ-160 with the matching speaker. It was definately worth the trip for me. Grin Grin

The Slab Bacon

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 10:05:46 PM »

What a pisser.  Ran into a little family emergency so I couldn't make it  Angry

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 07:55:27 AM »

What a pisser.  Ran into a little family emergency so I couldn't make it  Angry

I kinda had a feeling that something wuz wrong when I beat you there. You always get there before me! When You hadnt showed up by 10:30 when I was leaving, I knew that sumthing wuz wrong.

N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 09:39:20 PM »

we didnt get there until too late, bout 9:45. I didnt see ANYONE, Sad I did sell 150 bucks of junk.

I'm planning on making it to Berryville also if anyone is gonna come out there.  Sorry I missed yo Frank and JN.

Hey Phred, how have u been? I am married again and got some brain cancer in the noggin. Whole month of March and half of April was spent in the hospital. 2006 has kinda sucked and kinda rocked so far. There's no in between it seems.

The Slab Bacon

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:46:25 AM »

we didnt get there until too late, bout 9:45. I didnt see ANYONE, Sad I did sell 150 bucks of junk.

I'm planning on making it to Berryville also if anyone is gonna come out there.  Sorry I missed yo Frank and JN.

Derb,
         We didnt leave till well after 10:00, (got there around 7:30) I made a second pass through the tailgating section and didnt see you. It was getting hot and the yl was not handling the heat very well. I looked for youse guys but didnt see ya. I was parked at the lower end of the tailgating section. I sure wish we could have hooked up! Hopefully if all goes well maybe we'll see you at berryville in august. Lots to talk about!

The Slab Bacon

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015