The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 09:42:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collins mod.  (Read 2878 times)
ka6vec
« on: April 24, 2006, 07:22:55 AM »

Gentelmen what appears to be mod to collins32-v2 rig under neath the voo1 master ocs.
is box with toggle switch marked am-fm & a 12ax7 tube. don't believe there was much fm around in 50tys  could it be for Teletype? this box does not show in manual
 any answeres Ideas guesses. also there is added toggle switch on front plate unmarked placed below the emission selector. Huh
         73 floyd
w1guh
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:09:39 PM »

Narrow Band FM was "popular" in the fifties.  It was just before my time, so I don't know much about it, but I've seen numerous references to it.  That's probably what that mod was for.

Anyone here ever operate NBFM?  Hmmmmm...or want to revive it?

Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 03:09:47 PM »

Collins did make an NBFM converter for the 32V series transmitters. They placed a winged Collins logo on them. Look for the logo. The converter Collins made looks like home brew in a simple project box with a tube socket and switch or a pigtail to mount the switch elseware.

Yours might be home brewed. Have fun on 10 next season with your boat anchor FM rig. You'll have the rice blasters scratching they're heads.
ka6vec
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »

Thanks guys don't know what I would do with out the computer to connect
with other hams for info especially with band conditions the way they are at present
    Hard to tell about the logo but can see  a little orange and black sticking from
under the voo1 can so I think you are right. In 1950 I was only nine and didnt know
about ham radio. any way thanks again.
                                 73 Foyd  ka6vecl Cheesy
Mike/W8BAC
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 08:51:04 PM »

That's right Floyd. It was an orange and black decal type logo sticker. Those converters are rare so take care of it and have fun. I hope to work you from my 32V-2 with the same mod this season. 73

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015