The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:09:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Membership is down  (Read 22702 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 01:59:33 PM »

Yes, non-profits can legally pile up millions in cash in the bank through profits. And most big ones do.

The main key is that they fill a public need as blessed by the IRS and nobody owns it. It's run by the trustees on the board with a fiduciary responsiblity.

Some 501C's get into gray areas... like remember the United Way scandel with the CEO taking down millions in salary with big perks?  To attract talent, they have to pay some executives the same as a regular corp. But, most of us like to think of a non-profit as having employees that are on a mission and work for free...    So vely solly.

I understand at the ARRL, the pay is much lower than the same job in a for-profit. Over the years, I've known perhaps ten guys who worked there and they have always mentioned that. All just loved being there, so lived with it.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Art
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 04:35:26 PM »

"ARRL has ongoing costs that need to be recovered(paid). How else would you expect them to  drive the revenue stream to pay their bills? Yes, let us all praise the "informed"."

Ahh, sarcasm . .  I live for it . . . especially when it is so transparent . . . check the ARRL portfolio report . . . do ya think they could support their ongoing costs with it? I could. The portfolio has been increasing all the while they are begging for amateur radio ops to support their pseudo useful functions and "ongoing" costs. And Petey . .  I agree, informed amateur radio operators are apparently the last thing the ARRL wants and bane of your pronouncements.

Translated: If sarcasm is all you have . . . don't bother. You aren't impressing anyone.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015