The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:50:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEEDED...TUNING INFO/DX100 75 METRES  (Read 3269 times)
ve6pg

« on: February 28, 2006, 03:01:19 PM »

HI FROM TIM...A FRIEND JUST GOT A DX 100,NO MANUAL,BAMA IS TOO SLOW...I WOULD LIKE A QUICK ROUGH SETTING FER THE DX 100,ON SAY 3725KC..CAN U HELP?....SK..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
John K5PRO

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

Tim, the three pages you need are 50, 51 and 52, which have the tuneup info. Go to the BAMA mirror site, they are small files easily downloadable. It that still doesn't work, I can send them to you, as a single PDF file of those three pages.

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/heath/dx100/
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 09:04:24 PM »

Hi Tim,

On my DX-100B:

Set the Driver know to about 20,  and the Amplifier knob to about 38. Set the Loading control to about 2  (this is for 3870 Kc).

Warm up the rig. 

Place the multimeter switch in "grid" (measures grid drive).

Turn the "Drive" control to a low setting @ 1  or so.

Set the VFO to the approx freq of interest.

Switch the Phone/CW switch to CW.  (with no key in the key jack,  the rig is keyed -- this is the spotting function).

Tune the  Driver knob to maximum Grid indication on the meter (switched to Grid).

Change the Drive control for the appropriate drive value - abt 5 to 6 Ma. of grid drive.

You could now also move the VFO knob to zero the frequency needed,  repeak the grid drive.

Switch the Phone/CW switch to Phone (now the spotting function is turned off).

Set the multimeteer switch to Plate

With a dummy load connected or a well matched antenna connected to the RF output,  turn on the Plate switch,  and quickly  adjust the Amplifier knob for minimum plate current ( dipping the plate).  Adjust the Loading control toward  the desired plate current,  and redip the plate,  adjust the loading and dip  etc.   Think that  the correct AM Phone plate current is about 200-220 Ma.  Check the Grid drive, and  retune the Driver knob and set the drive control again for the correct grid drive.

Do not have the manual handy,  but perhaps the tuning should be done in the CW position,  keeps out-of-resonance current off the Mod Trans secondary.  But Do not switch from CW to Phone (or visa versa) with t\he plate switch On.

Think that this will work.

Of course,  if this is recently acquired rig,  and of unknown history,  should approach cautiously,  perhaps trying to reform the electrolytic caps or replace them,  etc -- as U know.

73,  GL  and let us know of the progress.   Vic  K6IC
ve6pg

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 08:14:24 AM »

...thanks guys...i forwarded this info to neil,ve3prd..i've never played with a dx100,but appears to tune like my apache..73....sk...

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015