The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:52:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Card File Card Form Template - Your Feedback Wanted  (Read 5161 times)
W1UJR
« on: February 21, 2006, 10:00:18 AM »

Here it is, the long promised 1950s era Offical BUD RADIO card for your card file.
These are printed on a 3" x 5" card.
I had my graphics guy scan it and clean up the artwork, and then add a line for RX, TX and ANT.

So, looking for feedback or suggstions of what you think should be added or removed?

If the interest is there I'll have some of these run off for HossTraders.

73 Bruce W1UJR

* CALL_CARD.jpg (121.93 KB, 1000x600 - viewed 676 times.)
John Holotko

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 11:40:49 AM »

Looks nice Bruce.  The info on the card is pretty much the same I'd pull off any database, i.e. (electronic, paper, etc) for a QSL file.  Looks good to me.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 05:56:42 PM »

Hey, those old BUD cards are GREAT, Bruce.  We have something like them at the AWA Annex.  I'll have to look them up, and let you know if they're the same thing, or somewhat different.

BTW, Next to the KG2IC and W1UJR cards on the wall just to the right of the James Millen transmitter, are now K2JVM and K2VH cards.  The four of them together look very handsome and impressive!

I'll try to locate those pre-printed cards at the Annex and get a copy to you.  Think you'll make it to the Spring Meet on May 6?

73, OM
vH

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 11:29:11 AM »

Bruce -

I'm interested, what are you looking for as far as number ordered? I have one of those old green and yellow Bud QSL files at home, heard you and Herb discussing it two mornings back. Appears to be the second of two, as it has divider cards for the last half of the alphabet. Does yours follow this format or would divider cards by call area work better? Not that the call area is all that useful today with the vanity system...

Nice card. Sign me up for a stack!

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W1UJR
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 11:38:24 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Is the small "mini log" on the bottom of value, or should I replace it with something else.
I log in my lob book, but that log space on the card was a good idea for first contacts.

What other fields or suggestions do you have for the "mini-log" space?

Tnx - Old Buzzard Bruce

WA3VJB
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 12:02:40 PM »

The layout of the card file system I use relies on a lot of space below the call sign for what I call the dossier.
I've gotten all manner of "good quotes" during QSOs and that's where they go, or other storytelling notes. The logbook grid is constraining, the way I do it, and you could probably leave a blank rectangle there to fill in as it happens.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 12:03:56 PM »

I'd keep it as-is, Bruce. Change it too much and you lose its buzzardy content connection (BCC). As-is, it lets you add additional contacts with the same station over several dates or years, for an interesting little historical record. Once it's full, start another. You can always put notes on the blank back of the card as needed, plenty of space there.

Or to paraphrase:  I like it! Especially the BUD logo. Maybe you can make up some custom BUDdly versions?

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »

Hey Bruce, here's what I wrote to you on your first inquiry about card files:
On the cards I keep call, name, qth, and equipment.  Recently I have been adding the date of our first qso.  If it was a particularly good contact (or if subsequent contacts were particularly enjoyable) I might add that info.  If the guy's a total idiot, I note that too.   Sometimes I note his DOB, or occupation, or other hobbies.  You'd be surprised what you can get on a 3X5 card.  The extra info provides a springboard for starting a conversation in subsequent contacts, e.g., "Five years ago your dog was expecting puppies.  Did she ever have them, or is she still pregnant?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what you can use that mini log section for--what Paul calls the dossier.  Or, as Todd suggested,you can always put notes on the blank back side.  Hey, Man, they're your cards. Grin
vH

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015