The AM Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:03:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City Slickers Having Problems In Irwin's Neck Of The Woods  (Read 4787 times)
W2VW
Contributing

« on: December 01, 2005, 07:59:05 PM »

I would have put this on the Inquirer but don't want to hear how this is Bush's fault:

Cops probing kidnapping of Bernardsville woman
Thursday, December 01, 2005 - Associated Press
associated-press.gif

Authorities were investigating the abduction of a woman who was later found bound with duct tape and dumped on the side of a rural road.

A suspect believed to have been a kidnapper called Karen Maffucci's husband Wednesday, several hours after the abduction, using her cell phone to seek ransom money. But by the time the call had been made, the 44-year-old woman had already been found by police, unharmed but partially buried along a roadside, the Courier News of Bridgewater reported in Thursday's newspapers.

The Somerset County prosecutor's office did not immediately return a call seeking comment Thursday morning.

A Courier News reporter was with the husband, David Maffucci, in a foyer of Bernardsville Police headquarters when Maffucci's cell phone rang at about 2:15 p.m.

"Hello? Who is this?" he said. Maffucci covered the phone's mouthpiece and banged on the glass barrier separating the waiting area from police officers, and said, "It's him. It's the guy, and he's looking for money."

Maffucci handed the phone to a police officer with the caller still on the line. Authorities have not released additional details of what happened from that point on, nor would they provide details on the ransom demands.

Maffucci, who owns a landscaping business, described the caller as a male with a thick accent.

Somerset County prosecutor Wayne Forrest said the kidnapping took place sometime before noon Wednesday, and involved at least one suspect with a gun. He told The Star-Ledger of Newark the kidnapper or kidnappers had made "more than one" phone call seeking ransom.

Karen Maffucci was alone at her home between 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, her husband told the Courier News. He said her personal trainer had just left the house, and the garage door was left open.

He said he returned home shortly after noon Wednesday when police called to tell him his wife had been kidnapped.

"I couldn't believe it," he said. "It's something you hear about happening, but not to you."

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
John Holotko

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 09:41:31 PM »

It's definitly Bush's fault. No question about that.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:58:56 PM »

Things just keep getting worse.  Can't blame that on any one person.

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 08:02:12 AM »

John - I'm not sure it was all Bush's fault. Cheney must have had something to do with it too Grin

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
W1UJR
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 08:47:43 AM »

John - I'm not sure it was all Bush's fault. Cheney must have had something to do with it too Grin

And Rummey, Joe, don't forget about Rummey.

Time to convene another Special Prosecutorr and see how "Scooter" Libby figures into this.
I can see the trail leading to the highest offices.....
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 08:59:40 AM »

Time to convene another Special Prosecutorr and see how "Scooter" Libby figures into this.

Bruce - It must be the "Conservative Mafia" that's invloved in it. Hmmmmmm

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
W1UJR
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 11:00:25 AM »

Bruce - It must be the "Conservative Mafia" that's invloved in it. Hmmmmmm

Or the "Black Robed Gangters" ™
WA1GFZ

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 11:35:26 AM »

sounds like a job for ken starr.........
John Holotko

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 04:13:15 PM »

On the other hand it'sprobably all Clinton's fault. But it's probably Monica Lewinsky's fault. But then that is Hillary's fault. And in that case it's Bush's fault.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 04:01:56 PM »

It's like the big circle of life!  Grin Grin Grin

On the other hand it'sprobably all Clinton's fault. But it's probably Monica Lewinsky's fault. But then that is Hillary's fault. And in that case it's Bush's fault.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015