The AM Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:53:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can You Say 160 AM in the PM?  (Read 2299 times)
W1UJR
« on: November 07, 2005, 08:51:29 PM »

Well, the barn project is finished - not the new barn, thats the spring deal, but heating, wiring and insulating the old barn.

So, the home AM station is ready to go.

Anyone feel like getting on 160 this evening, will be on or about 1885 on your AM dial?
I'm running moderate power, just the Valiant and 75A4 station, but may move the T-368 out from the office soon.

The band is nice and quite, the WX is crisp, prime top band conditions.

So, any miscreants on the channel, Come On?
I'd like to try out the Valiant tonight and see if it craps out as usual.

-Bruce

* strap.jpg (208.3 KB, 628x612 - viewed 378 times.)
KL7OF

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:11:53 PM »

I like the picture.......and the schematic of the TESLA 360!!!!  GOTTA STRAP....  Steve
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 09:58:05 PM »

Bruce, I was on about 7:45PM tonight and the band was suffering from some serious QSB and attenuation. Stations that are normally strong from 8-land were somewhat stifled. What I did hear was only about 50% of the QSO. This isn't the first I heard 160 acting up this year. This happened last week too. Maybe with the band opening up it might have settled down some.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
W1UJR
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:45:57 PM »

Bruce, I was on about 7:45PM tonight and the band was suffering from some serious QSB and attenuation. Stations that are normally strong from 8-land were somewhat stifled. What I did hear was only about 50% of the QSO. This isn't the first I heard 160 acting up this year. This happened last week too. Maybe with the band opening up it might have settled down some.

Well Mike, you may be correct, the band was devoid of signals.
I listend out on your former 75A4, but nothing heard, other that digital pulsed noise at 1948.

Will try tomorrow evening.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015