The AM Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:56:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9-11  (Read 3775 times)
Ed KB1HVS

« on: September 11, 2005, 02:20:16 AM »

Its been 4 years now. Out of respect I think we should just for one day forget about foolish politics and remember the ones who died and the ones who still suffer. Cry 

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
W1UJR
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 09:05:59 AM »

Its been 4 years now. Out of respect I think we should just for one day forget about foolish politics and remember the ones who died and the ones who still suffer. Cry 

Amen Ed!

As for me, I'm keeping my TV off today, no interest in seeing the talking heads rehash the entire event.

It’s also a day to remember the men and women (and families) of the United States Armed Forces in Afghanistan, Iraq and around the world.
For it has been these folk's sacrifice which has kept the Republic and Liberty safe and allowed each of us to sleep a little more soundly at night.

God Bless America and those who serve her.

Ed W1XAW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 09:45:26 AM »

I agree Ed, today is a very somber day.  I can only imagine the pain the families have felt since.  9-11 has changed us all in countless ways.  As somebody who runs international transportation and imports for a major American corporation I can tell you my world has changed.  Before 9-11 security was all about anti-theft measures.  Today we all live in fear of the known plans to place a WMD in a sea container.  Many of us have spent months each year working on the security layer that is meant to thwart this but I can tell you the system is still very vunerable.   This vunerability is not as bad as it was it was 4 years ago but we are still open to some sort of attack.

On 9/11/01 I was on my way to look over the operations at a railhead in MA.  We stopped at a Dunkin Donuts on the way that had a tv mounted over the counter.  The picture showed smoke coming from a hole in the WTC but the caption said "fire at the Pentagon." Not knowing what was happening yet, I thought that maybe there was an office file and CNN had messed up the copy.  Two days later I spoke with an exhausted firefighter on 75 M late in the evening (not AM).  He had spent every waking moment for two days digging and was emotionally spent and exhausted.  I asked him the chances for survivors and he said that it appeared that all of the concrete had turned to dust on impact. 

Its too bad that so many people in this world spend their time on plots fueled by hatred.  The sooner we can hunt these bastards down the better.  I sure hope things don't get worse before they get better.  It has been a real challenge to not drop to the level of Al Quada in rooting them out.  They have to be stamped out. 

73,  de W1XAW
wa2zdy
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 03:10:38 PM »

I agree with all three of you fellows.  I tuned around the TV channels today and had one of the ceremonies on for a bit then couldn't take it anymore. I had to turn it off. 

The USA is still the greatest place on earth. That's why they hate us, they can't have it so they don't want us to have it either.  What a shame.  The time and effort spent commiting terrorism could be so much better spent advancing their own lands.  What bizarre people.
W1UJR
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 03:23:05 PM »

I agree with all three of you fellows.  I tuned around the TV channels today and had one of the ceremonies on for a bit then couldn't take it anymore. I had to turn it off. 

The USA is still the greatest place on earth. That's why they hate us, they can't have it so they don't want us to have it either.  What a shame.  The time and effort spent commiting terrorism could be so much better spent advancing their own lands.  What bizarre people.

"Bizarre", more like EVIL, that hatred and anger does not come from God.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 10:03:37 PM »

I thank God for the real people who keep us safe and pray they keep up the good work!

I still want to flash burn a a bad guy myself.
Bacon, WA3WDR

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 11:50:27 PM »

I haven't forgotten that bin Laden's al-Qaeda killed some 3,000 on this date in 2001.  Not to mention the USS Cole, and the two embassies in Africa that they bombed.  Get bin Laden!

Truth can be stranger than fiction.  But fiction can be pretty strange, too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015