The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow....  (Read 8161 times)
kc2ifr
« on: August 06, 2005, 12:29:17 PM »

The new board looks GREAT Gary.......thanks for all the work. Now I have to figure out how to use all the new thingies!!!
N3WWL
Founding

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 09:42:22 AM »

Search around, Bill.  Many new features with this software.  Still in the process of migrating, including the A/V portal.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 11:54:24 AM »

Yep, the new format is FB.  It's just like going from Windows 95 to '98 or XP.... it's painful for a few days, then it's well worth it.

I especially like the big letters [stock config?] of the posts - easy on the eyes.

Also, the NUMBER of "edits" use to be listed on our posts. Now it just says the time it was edited without how many times.. If I made a lot of mistakes and needed to go back, I felt like a dummy before - now I can be a dummy and nobody knows.... :-)

There's probably mucho features that  will slowly be discovered here, but like most of us, we learn what we need and ignore the rest until it's needed later.

Thanks for the effort in bringing us the latest and greatest software, G!

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Glenn K2KL
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 12:51:55 PM »

Very cool Gary, I like it!... thanks for all the hard work....

Hey, how Tom Vu get hero staus?? He switch to G5RV?

KE1GF
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 02:01:24 PM »

Yes G, is teh man, hands down! Very impressive, mmmmhhhhhmmmm.

-Bill 'GF
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 02:18:08 PM »

Hey, how Tom Vu get hero staus??

Glenn,

What happened is one day there was a hacker who threatened to delete the whole BB.  Without concern for his own safety, he jumped in and covered the grenade with his own browser and was badly injured.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

Glenn K2KL
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:26:08 AM »

Wow indeed!... thanks for taking one for the team!  Grin Grin

Hey, how Tom Vu get hero staus??

Glenn,

What happened is one day there was a hacker who threatened to delete the whole BB.  Without concern for my own safety, I jumped in and covered his grenade with my own browser and was badly injured.

T

WV Hoopie
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 11:17:34 AM »

Not bad for a bunch of AMATEURS! Grin
Joe Long
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 08:20:26 AM »

Yo Gary. This site is great. Good job.  JOE
nu2b
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 12:39:07 PM »

Lookiinnn..Goood
Lots of new features....
Thanks Gary (and Friends) . My complements to the chef!
K1JJ
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 03:03:31 PM »

I just received this email from Tom Vu. His version:

Honorable Glenn-son,

There wild Japanese Kamakasi hacker threaten wipe out whole BB with bomb.  Without concern for own safety, I jump and cover bomb with my browser.  I  badly injure and shushi meal I just eat blown on screen.   I fly to Japan and tell him not do again. He mock me and say I  bad shushi. He spit in face. I tell him stop. He tell me I  bad shushi. I say him you crazy man then go back to states.

No one but me see  happen, G make me hero anyway.

Mr. Vu

Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2005, 08:45:58 AM »

Honorable Glenn-san just spill morning coffee on honorable keyboard!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I just received this email from Tom Vu. His version:

Honorable Glenn-son,

There wild Japanese Kamakasi hacker threaten wipe out whole BB with bomb.  Without concern for own safety, I jump and cover bomb with my browser.  I  badly injure and shushi meal I just eat blown on screen.   I fly to Japan and tell him not do again. He mock me and say I  bad shushi. He spit in face. I tell him stop. He tell me I  bad shushi. I say him you crazy man then go back to states.

No one but me see  happen, G make me hero anyway.

Mr. Vu

AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 09:10:24 PM »

Great going on the new look Gary.  One minor bitch thorugh - can the childish "ranking" of the member's profile, which apparently is assigned by frequency and number of postings per day.  I've been on the list and in ham radio for a long time and don't feel I'm a "newbie", just because I don't post that often.  And making lots of posts to this forum doesn't make one a "hero". In my value system, that title requires a lot more commitment and dedication to something  way more important than an internet BBS.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 09:21:43 PM »

Hi Chris

Yes I could not agree more.  Jay is going to handle that request for you.

I actually didn't catch that until you mentioned it.  Thanks

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNØ54
Gary - WA4IAM
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 11:21:37 PM »

Damn! That's what I get for not checking this board for the past couple of weeks. Great job Gary! I like the new look, and like a good ham should you've given us plenty of new buttons to push. Whee!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015