The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:30:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3873 AM Net Tues. Night 7/12  (Read 13486 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2005, 11:00:01 AM »

The Blown Away Net, [in honor of Blown Away Bob] might make
a come back too.

EVERYONE is net control.

Any Blown Away member who has dropped acid for the
East coast session gets to go on and be net control for the
Midwest, Rocky Mountain and West coast sessions. If no one
shows up, he talks with them anyway...

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2005, 01:06:36 PM »

[quote="Vortex Joe - N3IBX
Personally, I would like to see another "Projectile Vomiteer Net" take place. It's always good entertainment and would give me an excuse to make my famous peanut butter and mayonaise sandwiches, washed down with an ice cold Piels, of course![/quote]

Ah yes, the old peanut butter and mayonaise sandwich.  The only thing better than that is a baloney and jelly sandwich washed down with vodka.

K2 Vodka Herb

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2005, 06:43:18 PM »

Quote from: Herb K2VH
[quote="Vortex Joe - N3IBX
Personally, I would like to see another "Projectile Vomiteer Net" take place. It's always good entertainment and would give me an excuse to make my famous peanut butter and mayonaise sandwiches, washed down with an ice cold Piels, of course!

This is a test. If it was a real net situation you would have been advised to tune to your Conelrad station to receive more information from the no net net.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

"This is a test. If it was a real net situation you would have been advised to tune to your Conelrad station to receive more information from the no net net."

Joe, you can't start that net, it has been in operation since 1947 in the Texas Panhandle[/quote]
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 12:17:34 AM »

Stare at the picture. Say after me. You have value.... You have value.....

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2005, 05:02:44 AM »

Quote from: Jim, W5JO
"This is a test. If it was a real net situation you would have been advised to tune to your Conelrad station to receive more information from the no net net."

Joe, you can't start that net, it has been in operation since 1947 in the Texas Panhandle
[/quote]

Oh Fooey! I always wanted to start a Conelrad no net net of my very own. Someone back in 1947 really screwed it up for me I guess......

Texas Panhandle, 1947, HuhHuh? Hey, I can start a no net net for all of those who still have Conelrad receivers made between 1948 and 1960, and are in the 1 thru 4 call districts (and 8/Land too too, since Buddly will probably want to join) and are engaged in Conelrad civil defense tactics (remember duck and cover?).
It can be a conelrad no net net for the purpose unto itself of having a no net net at unscheduled times!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015