The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:44:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am am a Idiot!  (Read 598 times)
KA3EKH

« on: April 25, 2024, 09:31:31 PM »

Somehow I have forgotten my password, Ok so you see me now but I am using my computer in the shop. Just changed the system I have at work and lost the ability to auto log in. Ok, so I am an idiot. I can live with that. Did try all the usual passwords that I use and none of them work. The issue is that on the log in screen there is a link to send a new temporary password so you can log in and reset your password. But when ever I try using that link I never receive an email? Don’t know if it’s because the web site is broken or if it’s because my email server somehow views that domain as evil? My system here in the shop still auto logs in and if I were smart would think I can look at the list of auto logs for existing sites but think we already determined that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Any assistance would be appreciated, and the email address on my profile is correct so that’s not the issue.

K4QE
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 08:31:20 AM »

Did you check the Junk folder in your email client for the password reset emails?

73, Tony K4QE
WQ9E

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 07:25:46 PM »

The browser you use on your shop computer should be able to show you your saved passwords so that you can see what it is using on this site.  I primarily use Firefox and saved password/login info is available from the menu but other browsers should have a similar function.

Rodger WQ9E

Rodger WQ9E
KA3EKH

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 12:39:24 PM »

looked in my junk folder, blocked folder (quarantine) but did not see anything. Been running Firefox for years. this is an older system running Windows 7 but the new system in the office is Windows 12 or what ever the current version of Windows is. Same with Firefox.
Sent an email to Admin and hope that may cure issues, think maybe some on here may like the idea that i cant post as much and may be sorry to see me on line during the workday!

W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2024, 01:09:03 PM »

Firefox has a password manager. Over in the upper right corner of the Firefox brower are 3 little horizontal bars. Click the 3 bars and it will open a menu.  Some where in there will be the password manager. Open the manager up and all the user names and passwords you used for various websites should be there, assuming you let Firefox save that data.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
K4QE
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2024, 05:09:32 PM »

While in Firefox, put this URL in the address bar:

about:logins

It will take you directly to the password manager.

73, Tony K4QE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015