The AM Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:58:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check out QRZ........  (Read 9629 times)
kc2ifr
« on: June 10, 2005, 05:50:23 PM »

http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=93619
WV Hoopie
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 06:47:05 PM »

Never hurts to advertise.  Cool
K8SWL
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 07:16:29 PM »

Gary's advertising was verey informative and attention getting. tom Jj's follow up just enhanced it that much more. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, Them pictures are really attention grabbers. Great job guys.
R/
Mike K8SWL
nq5t
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 08:04:34 PM »

Excellent post!

Of course, Chip N1IR doesn't get it, and is being his usual assh*le of a self.  But then he doesn't get much of anything unless it happens to be something he's personally interested in.

Grant/NQ5T
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:47:57 PM »

Grant said
Of course, Chip N1IR doesn't get it, and is being his usual assh*le of a self. But then he doesn't get much of anything unless it happens to be something he's personally interested in.

It is my supposition that Chip enjoys being a "Naybob of Negativity". I just ignore his barbed criticism. Couple that with knowing he has been thrown off of one reflector for his incessant flaming.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 08:52:51 PM »

Hi Grant,

Welp, What is Essential is not in everyones field of view relative to Todays Amateur subsequent reason for my not traveling other forums.

Considering Creativity is still best left up to the individual taste and ability, so i relate this "Today" Thought with just that, "Ability"...

These thoughts we Respect and Expect, But Hard Work and adherence to workmanship still out shines Pre-Fab Gagetry at least in my Opinion.

So Turn the other cheek and Continue on. Cheesy
nq5t
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 08:54:03 PM »

Quote from: W3SLK
It is my supposition that Chip enjoys being a "Naybob of Negativity". I just ignore his barbed criticism. Couple that with knowing he has been thrown off of one reflector for his incessant flaming.

At least he didn't say anything about Fractals  :lol:
Grant/NQ5T
nq5t
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 09:13:15 PM »

Quote from: Jack-KA3ZLR-
So Turn the other cheek and Continue on. Cheesy

Jack .. I did just that.  

I had a momentary urge to post something "smart", but the fact that I've forgotten my QRZ.com password AND my login is tied to a stale email address slowed me down -- and gave me the opportunity to consider that ignoring sweet old Chip was the better part of valor  Cheesy

Grant/NQ5T
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 10:34:07 PM »

Pardon my poor memory, but is Chip the guy who really pushed the fractual antenna on some board before and managed to insult everyone?

If so, I get it now.  Thought he was going to get rich with those things and retire to Jamacia or somewhere.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 11:12:56 PM »

Just do a Google on his callsign followed by "is an A$$XXXX" You will get plenty of information. Quite a popular person.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 11:39:23 PM »

Jim said
Pardon my poor memory, but is Chip the guy who really pushed the fractual antenna on some board before and managed to insult everyone?

That be the one. I used to subscribe to the antenna forum for a while. I remember him getting nixed then trying to get back on under a different nam but the moderator always traced them back to him.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 08:13:47 AM »

I always try to ignore and forget people like him, I guess it worked this time.  I thought that person had a different call at the time.  I did a search of callsign and see he has had the present one since the 80s.

Gad I am glad he is not here.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 12:43:58 PM »

One always has to consider the merit of cheapening one's self by responding to trolls. Why qualify a troll's activity with any answer?
Ham radio once again provides a public service by keeping that guy away from women and children whilst he types his venom.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 12:56:32 PM »

On the QRZ.com forums he is a big promoter of BPL and always highly critical of BPL opponents.  I wonder where his interests really lie?  Maybe he's afraid our AM carriers will wipe out BPL coverage of entire neighbourhoods.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W1IA

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 12:59:09 PM »

Quote from: k4kyv
On the QRZ.com forums he is a big promoter of BPL and always highly critical of BPL opponents.  I wonder where his interests really lie?  Maybe he's afraid our AM carriers will wipe out BPL coverage of entire neighbourhoods.

funny he seems to be in the thread beating me up for my 27 years of hamming. I think you were right APE man...I shouldn't be wasting my time.

B

Run What Ya Brung!
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2005, 04:18:10 PM »

When people are having fun and being creative there is always someone who feels they belong or feels we don't and does anything to disrupt it. In my experiences these people have turned out to be fakes, meaning they really have nothing to offer, or just plain miserable.  They will do anything to destroy it for others if they are not part of it, in fact they may enjoy it!?

I do not understand this mind set. In todays world we either work together or die.

Our actions tell the real story.

We do not have to agree - - - we must be able to co-exist.

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNŲ54
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2005, 09:25:54 PM »

Co-existance only works when both parties accept that fact.  It has been several years since his diatribe on the antenna reflector and he seems to have learned nothing.

I have decided I will exist and he just do the co- part.  I wish him luck.  He must lead a miserable life.  Someone should roll the rock in front of his cave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015