The AM Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:15:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is It Me? Microsoft Edge Issues with AMfone  (Read 1573 times)
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« on: December 10, 2023, 09:08:50 AM »

I recently got the latest 'Edge' update from Microscheißen. It seems now when I log in here, all the letter fonts are small and any of the associated 'buttons', icons, and photos show up as broken links. I know Adobe Flashplayer got killed sometime ago so I'm curious to know if I'm the only one having this issue. If I am I would be open to advice on how to correct it.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)/W3SLK

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2023, 09:14:32 AM »

I recently got the latest 'Edge' update from Microscheißen. It seems now when I log in here, all the letter fonts are small and any of the associated 'buttons', icons, and photos show up as broken links. I know Adobe Flashplayer got killed sometime ago so I'm curious to know if I'm the only one having this issue. If I am I would be open to advice on how to correct it.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)/W3SLK

Same here Mike, it is almost unreadable without a magnifying glass.
RolandSWL
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2023, 10:59:06 AM »

Been doing that on my elderly lap mac for some time . I just hit 'command' '+' a few times to suit my vision.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2023, 12:01:07 PM »

I have the same with Edge but I don't use it exclusively but just for PDFs.  I use Brave primarily and sometimes Firefox as my main browsers.  They are supposedly the most secure browsers.  

In Windows, CTRL + will magnify.  CTRL - will shrink.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2023, 01:52:30 PM »

Looks like it is working right now, at least for me. Maybe the board got an update and defaulted a setting!

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
KA3VID
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 02:42:09 PM »

I've been having the same issue so I switched to a different browser. It's called "Pale Moon"It's just about the same as Firefox minus the extra BS and bloatware that Firefox has.Try it,you'll like it!
W2NBC
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 03:19:40 PM »

Hey Folks,

The difference with the "Edge" update is that it is looking for a "secured" protocol server, and that effects the font size display (on Edge) the way the forum was originally designed.

Compare the font size via these two addresses:

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php

https://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php

No bid deal! On the upper right corner of the Edge browser there are three "dots" that pulldown with "ZOOM" as an option. You can adjust the page/font size to your liking, and it will ALWAYS display AMfone that size! (until the NEXT update..Ha!)

Vintage Radio Pages- http://www.dealamerica.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015