The AM Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:52:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Berryville Hamfest anyone?  (Read 15426 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 10:15:58 AM »

Yes Rick, the only things missing from the T-368 RF deck were the exciter and the larger vacuum variable which got smashed before I got the deck (which is why I got the deck, actually). Priced it low so it wouldn't follow me home, ended up giving a one of the members of 'fone a package deal on that and a 75A-2 project (make 1 from 2). Sold a couple other items as well.

Enjoyed meeting Rick/W8KHK and Chris/KJ4RGH. Had some great conversations with Rick about his dad and also about the things he's doing now to interest and involve the younger generation. Not sure how we missed Brad with all the old gear at our tables.

Overall, it was another great Berryville 'fest - boatanchor deals galore. Prices are starting to approach what they were 25 years ago. A lot of nice gear, cheap. Saw a R-390A complete with covers and meters that sold for $160. There were several there, I don't think the $1400 ones sold. WX couldn't have been better.

Was great to finally catch up with Johnny/JN again. We're almost neighbors now compared to when I was 5 hours away in NC. Had a great lunch at the Berryville Grill with Chris & Johnny to cap it all off, talked about everything from Chris's growing AM station to old chainsaws, engines and antique farm equipment. It doesn't get much better than that.

Never a dull moment.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »

Twas a great time, and great meeting Rick and Chris and discovering our shared interests in old farm tractors etc.

Also outstanding seeing Todd after his recent move into the area.  WX was HIHIFBOM, couldn't have asked for a better day.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
k3msb

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 08:03:56 AM »

It was indeed a very nice hamfest.

I brought 4 radios to sell and sold them all.   Bought nothing, so came home with some nice cash in my wallet.....

73 Mark K3MSB
York, PA
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 10:52:40 AM »

That's twice we've missed meeting, Mark. Apparently you were set up near us at Timonium some years back, too.

Maybe next year, or at another 'fest before then.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
K4NYW
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2016, 01:49:52 PM »

I've posted lots of photos at
http://www.virhistory.com/ham/berryville-16.htm

My impression as a first-timer -
Small but very nice hamfest - seemed like plenty of vintage gear at reasonable prices. I came home with an R-1051G ($150) and several URC-32 modules ($0).
Nice shady fairgrounds & friendly folks. Last year's numbers were 200 tailgaters, 25 inside dealers, and 1500 attendees.

Nick K4NYW
www.navy-radio.com

KE5YTV
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »

Thanks for the pix Nick. You did a great job as usual. We Texas boys always like to see what's going on in the northern radio world.  Grin

Mike
KE5YTV  Dallas, TX
"The longest trip begins with a stop at the ATM."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015