The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:50:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: found one: Paralleling Choke for variac/powerstat. 28A minimum rating  (Read 2980 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: May 17, 2016, 08:52:19 PM »

found one on ebay. message can be deleted thank you.

I am looking for a Paralleling Choke for Variac/Powerstat. 28A minimum rating per side.

This is used to put two ganged Variacs in parallel and is common on large multi-unit variable autotransformers that have been mounted on a single shaft, as such things can only be made so large within reason and the solution is to parallel them.

This choke type forces the current outputs to be equal despite the small difference in voltage between the two Variac sections and thereby reduces circulating current. It is like a transformer having two low voltage high current windings. because the current is made equal, a voltage appears across each winding to make up the Variac output voltage difference.

A Superior Electric T5587 Paralleling Choke is shown mounted on a dual 240V 28A per section Powerstat. This or a similar spec'd unit is what I would like to find. I don't want to take that one because that Powerstat is part of my work bench power circuit now.

I don't care about appearance, only function. It should be rated to withstand 240VAC or more.

I like to trade if you do.

Thank you!

* powerstat.jpg (292.19 KB, 800x789 - viewed 806 times.)

* paralleling choke.jpg (37.75 KB, 302x366 - viewed 754 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015