The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:11:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COLONY  (Read 3407 times)
flintstone mop
Contributing

« on: February 07, 2016, 04:51:12 PM »

Anybody watching Colony?? on USA network??
Strange events about an occupation that takes away basic freedoms. A freedom fighter speaking for someone calling themselves Geronimo is using a Johnson Viking Ranger I or II as his 'transmitter' The underground folks are recording his airtime.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
w1vtp

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 05:56:09 PM »

Anybody watching Colony?? on USA network??
Strange events about an occupation that takes away basic freedoms. A freedom fighter speaking for someone calling themselves Geronimo is using a Johnson Viking Ranger I or II as his 'transmitter' The underground folks are recording his airtime.

Fred

Cool, huh?  Somebody outa tell the prop people that the plate meter should have some wiggle to it   Grin
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:09:29 PM »

I've been in a few "Hollywood set"  warehouses in blast couple months,  doing unrelated electric work.

First,  pictures are NOT allowed.   I had better luck taking pictures jn an access controlled compounding pharmacy I finished last week.   And that place you had to card swipe between chain link fenced rooms. 

The Hollywood set warehouses are TOTAL private.   Guess they don't want anyone else to know what they have.

But,  I digress.   They have some of the COOLEST boat anchor equipment!   I asked if it was working,  and was told yes!

Places like Apex don't care about pics.   They are surplus,  and then cater to Hollywood.   The actual real set houses,  those are like trade secrets!

--Shane
KD6VXI
N9axl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 11:18:46 PM »

I watched an episode or two. I didn't buy the premise - unknown aliens take over the planet and proceed to build huge wall around Los Angeles. Then there's this whole military occupation theme. It's sort of like Nazis with Ray guns.  If you saw "V" back in the day - basically the same concept just not down so well. We never see the aliens, we don't know why they are here.  They do junk like this while they cancel Terra Nova..geez..

I couldn't figure out why the Viking Ranger I. You would think in a grid down situation or needing to be mobile you would do AM with some rig that was portable. These people have power in the show so I get no idea there was an emp or something that fried the modern equipment.

Not to start a thread on what radio is best for the end of the world, but if I was running away from aliens and wanted/needed to use 1950s equipment on AM I think I'd grab a set of Gonset twins or something similar. 
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:20:55 PM »

My interest in the show is waning too. Getting a little boring and confusing where it is headed. I'll remove it from the DVR recording list...........soon.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015