The AM Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:58:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCA BTA-250M BC Transmitter For Sale - Still Available, Buyer Changed Mind  (Read 2460 times)
WD8INC

« on: January 08, 2016, 09:46:01 AM »

Transmitter is still available,  the buyer changed his mind

I have a RCA BTA-250M transmitter w/ home brew speech amplifier available.  The 250M has a pair of 813’s modulating a pair of 813’s in the final amplifier.  It’s early to mid 1950’s vintage.   It’s conservatively rated at 250W output.   I moved the transmitter from an estate I purchased in Mesa, AZ to Lebanon, OH last month.  Prior to the move, it was on the air and operational on 160M.  The transmitter is in great condition and includes the manual, along w/ some historic documentation and misc parts.  The transmitter was last in commercial service on 910KHz in Sioux Falls, S.D and was acquired by the SK in the mid 90’s.  It will easily move up to 75M if desired.  It’s got a 120/220VAC SINGLE phase primary which makes it very easy to deal with compared to many ex-commercial transmitters.

It’s 84” tall and approx. 600 lbs.  Two people can manage it w/ an appliance cart.  I’m willing to travel and meet at a reasonable distance for gas money if that helps.  I’m located about ½ way between Cincinnati and Dayton so if you wanted to attend the Dayton Hamvention in May, that’s an option to consider.  I’m also considering going to Orlando next month, but that’s undecided at this point.

I’m asking $1200.  Trades considered.  I plan on going to the Orlando Hamfest in February so delivery could be worked out depending on buyers location.  Please contact me off-line for photos and info.  jcaldwell@rbcos.com

John
WD8INC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015