The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:38:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flex 6300, icom 7300  (Read 23090 times)
N2DTS
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »

Is the latency through both radios different or the same?

n1eu

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 11:18:33 AM »

The only measurement I've done is cw receive and the ANAN latency is much lower than the Flex.  I started a thread about it on the Flex forum here: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/receive-latency

I haven't made any other latency measurements on the Flex.  One great thing about the Flex is that there is a zero latency ssb/am monitor (taken off before EQ, PROC, etc) so I can listen to my voice non-delayed while wearing headphones.

Barry N1EU
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »

Thanks for the link. -tres interessant. I especially like Sergei's explanations.

About hearing yourself without / before any processing, then you have at least confirmation that unprocessed audio's gotten that far, but not what your putting out on the air.
So how do you set all your EQ, compression, downward or whatever for pleasing or efficient contest freq. spread, etc. ?  Grin

You've got me sort of in a logic loop. 
Um, that doesn't take much.  Grin

RICK  *W3RSW*
N2DTS
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 04:15:44 PM »

Yes, the CW was great with the ANAN.
Its the mod monitor delay that bugs me, I could get the flex 5000 low enough to monitor myself just fine, but the ANAN was bad even with small buffer sizes selected.

You can get an idea about the delay through the radio on RX as well, have a normal analog receiver working next to the SDR, my sdr-iq (usb) has 3/4 a second or maybe a full second delay (mostly from the USB bus).
n1eu

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »

Actually there's a cool technique to set up your audio.  You use full duplex on the Flex or an unmuted RX2 on the ANAN-1000D or 200D, you transmit into the transverter output so it's very low power, and you send the receive audio into either the SDR recorder or into Audacity through DAX/VAC and make recordings as you transmit.  They you play back the clip, make adjustments and repeat.  It's easy and works well.

Barry N!EU
N2DTS
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 08:25:35 PM »

That is not the problem for me, I have got used to listening to what goes out so if something hoses up I know about it.
For what I sound like I like to get recordings mailed to me or listen on remote receivers 500 miles away.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015