The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:48:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tesla 300 schematic correction - 813s X 813s AM rig  (Read 1631 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« on: September 14, 2015, 09:32:10 PM »

re: The pair of 813s plate modulated by triode connected 813s as posted on the AM Window site...

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/813/813.htm

There was an error made when the schematic was drawn up.  The RF final screen circuit needs a slight change. The rig will still work fine as-is, but this will make it right.

The output of the screen power supply should go directly in series with the 100 mA screen meter, then in series with the screen 15 H modulation choke, then a .001 capacitor bypassed to ground at the following 2.5 mH RF choke, then in series with the 2.5 mH RF choke, to a .001 disc bypassed to ground at the 813 tube's pin and the circuit ends at this tube screen pin.  (The 2.5 mH choke and two .001s should be located as close to the tube screen pin as possible. The other tube also gets a .001 uF bypassed to ground directly at the screen pin)

As an additional note: The high fidelity audio transformer which drives the push-pull triode connected 813s is a standard backwards connected tube amplifier output transformer. 8 ohms to 2K or anything like this will work fine. This can be found in most any 20 watt or larger older audio amplifier.  The UTC Linear Standard Series version is also an excellent choice if found.

If we ever change the schematic again, we should add this correction.  Otherwise, please include this note when recommending the rig to anyone.

Thanks.

Tom, K1JJ

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015