The AM Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:41:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling the lonely guys! March 7th, 2015 Rescheduled Luncheon and Get-Together  (Read 1401 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: February 28, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »

Calling the Lonely Guys (AGAIN - Rescheduled Annual Luncheon)!

The Lonely Guys Net meets on Saturday mornings at 8:00 on or about 3875 (give or take QRM, etc.).  The purpose of the Net is fellowship; we seek to support each other in our RF loneliness.  There is a weekly topic, and we generally get from between 20 to 30 check-ins per week.  It is a very fun net and joining is simple.  Each member is assigned a lifetime net number.

--->  The Lonely Guys Net is having a Luncheon and get-together on Saturday March 7th at 12:00 for net members and their spouses at:

The Maple Tree Cafe
781 Hopmeadow St
Simsbury, CT 06070
Phone number (860) 651-1297

Note that we are encouraging net members to bring their spouses along as well !

We have a function room reserved for this event.  Several guest speakers have been engaged, including someone reasonably high up in the ARRL.   Off hand, I don't remember who it is, as I did not personally make these arrangements.  Also, Frank WA1GFZ is going to talk about the latest developments in Software Defined Radios.  Mark WB2ERS is going to bring his under-construction 24 MOSFET class E rig for all to view, and there will most likely be other "exhibits" as well.  Apparently, some type of "entertainment" is also planned.

We are also having custom and very good quality Lonely Guys hats made up for net members.  These are real nice, embroidered hats.  Cost is $15.00.  If you want one CONTACT ME RIGHT AWAY!

Questions?  Contact me (Steve WA1QIX), Peter W1ZZZ or Jim WA1UQM.

This is always a fun event with plenty of surprises!  If you're a member of the Lonely Guys, please let us know if you are coming (if we have not already done so on the air during the net) so we can get an approximate head count.

Email me at wa1qix@classeradio.com.  I am also good in QRZ.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015