The AM Forum
April 29, 2024, 02:23:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM TX Rally  (Read 9682 times)
W3GMS
Contributing

« on: December 10, 2014, 07:17:10 AM »

I have gotten several questions about the AM TX Rally and if its going to happen again.   I know Steve-WA1QIX has been the organizer, but I believe Steve has been busy with work stuff as of late.  

If anyone knows the plan, let me know and I will be able to pass along accurate information concerning the possible event.

Joe - GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Ralph W3GL
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 07:49:05 PM »

I have gotten several questions about the AM TX Rally and if its going to happen again.   I know Steve-WA1QIX has been the organizer, but I believe Steve has been busy with work stuff as of late.  

If anyone knows the plan, let me know and I will be able to pass along accurate information concerning the possible event.

Joe - GMS

Yes, Joe, and it would be nice if we knew the results of the last AM TX rally...  

I am aware of Steve's lack of time, he told me the last time (a couple months back) I inquired about the subject...  I know I haven't a snowballs chance but there was to be a personalized prize awarded to the winner and I'm sure the group that participated are disappointed with the lack of information...

73,  Ralph  W3GL 

"Just because the microphone in front of you amplifies your voice around the world is no reason to think we have any more wisdom than we had when our voices could reach from one end of the bar to the other"     Ed Morrow
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »

Hi Guys!

Yes, I must post the results and get the prize to the winner  Cheesy

I am going into the hospital next week for a reasonably major operation and have been getting ready for that among other things - along with work and a 2 hour per day commute (hey, I know folks who have it a lot worse than that, so I'm not complaining - just saying there isn't any extra time right now).

But I will definitely get those results out!

Regards,  Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
K4RT
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 07:31:22 AM »

Steve,

Good luck with your surgery.

I think the question Will there be a 2015 AM Transmitter Rally? needs to be answered. Some of us need to plan ahead.

The AM TX Rally is a great idea.  But I suggest handing if off to someone who has the time to devote to it. Since I'm making the suggestion, I will also offer to handle it this time, including setting a date, log collection and tabulation(s), and results publication.

Brad
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 07:39:25 AM »

Hi Guys!
Yes, I must post the results and get the prize to the winner  Cheesy
I am going into the hospital next week for a reasonably major operation and have been getting ready for that among other things - along with work and a 2 hour per day commute (hey, I know folks who have it a lot worse than that, so I'm not complaining - just saying there isn't any extra time right now).
But I will definitely get those results out!
Regards,  Steve

Steve,

Best of wishes for a successfully surgery coming up.  Get better and that's the most important thing.  Yes, Ham Radio is just a hobby and takes the back seat when life is filled with more pressing things.  

Its clear that Steve's plate is overloaded with much more important things, so its time for someone else to host the AM TX Rally providing people want it to happen in 2015.  

So who wants to coordinate the event?  

Joe, GMS  

WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 08:44:34 AM »

Looks like Brad has his hand up, Joe.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 08:52:53 AM »

Steve,

I think the question Will there be a 2015 AM Transmitter Rally? needs to be answered. Some of us need to plan ahead.

The AM TX Rally is a great idea.  But I suggest handing if off to someone who has the time to devote to it. Since I'm making the suggestion, I will also offer to handle it this time, including setting a date, log collection and tabulation(s), and results publication.

Brad

Brad,

Sounds like your the guy!   

Steve, any objections?   

Thanks!

Joe, GMS

steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 09:20:04 PM »

Steve,

Brad

Hi Brad,

That would be fine if you want to coordinate it.

You should probably make your life MUCH easier and still use the logging software, etc.  95% of the logs come in that way, and of course it's super easy for the users.

The data comes in as text, so it's easy to manage.  I have written some data reduction software that I will also pass along, so you can do the data reduction.  I will help out and answer any questions you might have.

Thanks and Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
K4RT
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »

Sure Steve.  I will be glad to do it.

For 2015 let's keep everything the same, including logging software, rules, etc.

The first thing to do is set a date, and I think we should stick with February or March.  How about some suggestions from amfone.net members?  I'll take a look at the contest calendars so we can try to steer clear of the significant SSB contests and QSO parties.  I'll shoot to set a date in the next week or so.

Brad
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 11:34:36 PM »

The surgery: I'm having my right hip replaced.  It's been bone on bone for a while now, and I finally got to the point where the pain and inconvenience is worse than the specter of going under the knife.

I am extremely thankful that it's not something worse, and that we have the technology to pretty much fix the problem. 

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 01:02:20 AM »

I hope you are going to be well, Steve. I understand about bones and painful conditions. I am cheating,using pain meds, but only bc I am too young for knee replacement. So I hope all goes well or you and I believe everyone here has best wishes and prayers for you.

WTH - the AM Rally is more than a once a year super-rally, it is also in the hearts of true gentlemen every time the station power is turned on, and spread across many localities and times. Every weekend in TX-LA-OK on 7160 10AM til 4PM while the band's open locally, the DX bucket QRM be d----d. Like the military book "Communications in a Come As You Are War". Everyone be happy.

Brad, thanks for stepping up for us on the Annual Rally!

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 01:29:56 AM »

B,

Feb is fine fer me. Its a short month, and the weather is usually crappy. I'd like to get time of from work, so the sooner a day is scheduled, the better.

Please remember that Its All About Me.

klc

What? Me worry?
KL7OF

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 09:21:28 AM »

March is good for me...  and Good Luck to You Steve.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 01:47:49 PM »

All my prayers, Steve. Having been under the knife myself for replacement parts recently, I know the anxieties.

KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »

Good luck,  Steve.   Take some time off,  get some rest,  and use the time 'away'  constructively....   Ie,  plan new rigs lol.

You'll be fine.   Keep that in mind.

--Shane
KD6VXI
K4RT
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 08:44:30 AM »

This is an FYI, not a general announcement.

2015 AM Transmitter Rally:  Weekend of Feb. 21-22.

Likely start & end times:

Start: Saturday, Feb. 21st at 1100 UTC / 6:00 a.m. EST / 3:00 a.m. PST
End: Monday, Feb. 23rd at 0700 UTC / 02:00 a.m. EST / 11:00 p.m. PST on 2/22

A few details to work out yet before an announcement can go out. The web page
amrally.com will be updated soon.
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »

Banner by K1NSS…..

* 10866873_10202142551644706_304380324_n-2.jpg (56.93 KB, 518x960 - viewed 419 times.)

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015