The AM Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:55:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Valiant Restoration Issues  (Read 12121 times)
N1BCG

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 11:20:52 PM »

I can finally say that the Valiant is working quite well now. The modification that adds L6C brought 20m to life although I'm wondering how the rig *ever* worked on 20 when wired according to the schematic (yes, you read that correctly).

The other super-frustrator was the rapid dropoff of drive on the higher bands. The culprit was the 5763 and the clue was that the dropoff only occurred when the drive was set above a certain level. It was stable when set  below 3mA, but above that, it would drop off rapidly when the Valiant was keyed. Swapping out the 5763 yielded impressive and very stable results, yeah! In celebration, I added a Dow Key, the first real sign that an antenna connection is approaching.

THANK YOU, Stu and Pete for the suggestions that led to this resolution!
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 11:37:06 PM »

If you've read some of the other "Valiant problem" threads here over the last several months, you best not put all the screws back in to button it up. Let it breathe for awhile without the constraints of screws squeezing metal to metal.  Cheesy

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
w1vtp

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 12:15:05 PM »

If you've read some of the other "Valiant problem" threads here over the last several months, you best not put all the screws back in to button it up. Let it breathe for awhile without the constraints of screws squeezing metal to metal.  Cheesy

Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015