The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:41:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB Stancor A-3899 or eq Modulation Transformer  (Read 1958 times)
k9qi

« on: January 08, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »

Hello,

I recently acquired a transmitter built by the late Frank Hajek, former secretary, then President of Taylor Tubes.  The rig is in very good condition, uses a pair of T300 tubes push-pull in the PA and a pair of 822's in the modulator.  Due to the relatively low power supply voltage and resultant plate current of the PA and mod, it used a 600 watt modulation transformer. The transformer was damaged as received, I am looking to purchase one to complete the restoration project.  I know that these are prized possessions; I would be wiling to either outright purchase one or, if someone has a need for other iron, I have a rather large selection that a trade (plus cash on my part) could be worked out.  I'd like to get this old rig back up and running; it was written up about a decade+ ago in a publication; I can't remember which one, but I do have a copy that came with the rig at home.  This box is nearly as big as a RCA BTA1R1 and was very well crafted.  It originally used T200 tubes, but was "upgraded" to T300 by Frank in the late 1940's.  I will scan a picture of the rig that was taken I the late 1940's with Frank at the controls and upload it.

73,  greg - K9QI 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015