The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:35:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collins 30K link?  (Read 3077 times)
w1vtp

« on: October 24, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »

I clicked on the Collins 30K link on the side bar.  It doesn't work.  Is that temporary?  I was going to refer it to a friend who owns a 30K-4.

Huh

Al
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 09:32:17 AM »

Hi Al,

The link does not work for me either. 

Oh, it was good meeting you at NEAR-Fest!

Joe, GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »

Sorry about that, Al. The link has been down for a couple of years now, not as 'temporary' as I'd hoped. I have a lot of updating to do and need to sit down some weekend with Steve to get it back online. The only problem has been time - we both have busy lives beyond ham radio & AMfone, so it hasn't been a high priority.

I'd certainly like to at least get the serial number of your friend's model -4 to ad to the list. I've got a model -5 myself and I know GMS has a -1. Nice little transmitters!

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »

Sorry about that, Al. The link has been down for a couple of years now, not as 'temporary' as I'd hoped. I have a lot of updating to do and need to sit down some weekend with Steve to get it back online. The only problem has been time - we both have busy lives beyond ham radio & AMfone, so it hasn't been a high priority.

I'd certainly like to at least get the serial number of your friend's model -4 to ad to the list. I've got a model -5 myself and I know GMS has a -1. Nice little transmitters!

Thanks Todd for the status.  All in due time.  I was just looking at my 30K-1 this morning.  When the room gets done, it will be on the air right after the JDK! 

Joe, GMS

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »

You can go back in time to see when it was up and running. Here's July 2009:
https://web.archive.org/web/20091219150547/http://amfone.net/Collins/index.php

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »

Thanks for posting that link, Pete. I tend to forget about the internet archives. It shows clearly one of the problems with the formatting of the list. When it comes back up it will be plain ol' HTML pages, nothing more.

Looking forward to hearing your 30K on the air, Joe. Despite the fact that they were made in greater numbers than the KW-1, you seldom hear them on the air, or at least nowhere near as often as a KW-1 or Viking Kilowatt. Once you're ready let me know and I'll fire up the -5 for a K-to-K chat.  Wink

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »

Thanks for posting that link, Pete. I tend to forget about the internet archives. It shows clearly one of the problems with the formatting of the list. When it comes back up it will be plain ol' HTML pages, nothing more.

Looking forward to hearing your 30K on the air, Joe. Despite the fact that they were made in greater numbers than the KW-1, you seldom hear them on the air, or at least nowhere near as often as a KW-1 or Viking Kilowatt. Once you're ready let me know and I'll fire up the -5 for a K-to-K chat.  Wink

Will do Todd.  I purchased my 30K-1 from a local ham, K3DUM that I talked to when I was a kid.  He was also a good friend of my mentor Harry - W3FDY.  Its in very nice shape, but the RF deck has been modified to a pi network.  Ultimately I would like to restore it back if I can locate the various parts some of which I probably have.  Saying that, the mods were done very well so at least for now, will put it on the air as it is. 

Joe - W3GMS     

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015