The AM Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:33:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-101B Station At Eric Neidlinger's Place  (Read 1840 times)
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« on: August 21, 2013, 09:14:45 AM »

Here is my brother Eric's preliminary layout for his FT101b station. The radio sits inside a cabinet with glass doors. The work surface is a piece of wood sitting on top of the bottom set of cabinet doors. When the board is situated, cotter pins will be inserted to prevent the bottom doors from accidental bumps, which would cause the collapse of the work surface. The wood is not yet stained or sealed. The horse with the cowboy behind the radio is a reproduction of the one that was on Mom and Dad's front screen door at 3331 Louis, Thunderbolt, Georgia, when we were growing up.

We have not erected Eric's aerial yet. He takes his first ham exam this Saturday at the Swainsboro Hamfest, Georgia.

No, the microphone isn't wired up yet. He is listening on a piece of wire strung around the ceiling/wall perimeter of his first "shack".

I thought this neat setup was a great idea. My older brother/Padawan is doing well. The Force is strong within him.

And yes, I will instruct him in the mysteries of the AM Fraternity. I'll let you guys worry about the initiation details.

I told my son, Jordan, that the sight of my boatanchors in the upstairs Mad Scientist Lab/Winery stirred something within Eric. Jordan replied, "What was it; a turd?"

I about fell on the floor, laughing my behind off. I related the comment to Eric, and he busted out as well. Kids say the darndest things, don't they?

Philip
KA4KOE

* eric101.jpg (104 KB, 960x720 - viewed 338 times.)

* eric101-2.jpg (111.83 KB, 960x720 - viewed 311 times.)

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
k3msb

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:54:47 AM »

Philip --

I saw the headline on your post and though you meant he had the radio setup from an F101B Voodoo fighter jet!! Grin

73 Mark K3MSB
York, PA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015