The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free ham clip art for fun and non-profit  (Read 7562 times)
K1NSS
Contributing

OM Cartoonist

« on: July 09, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »

Choose from an unusual assortment of ham clip art growing by the day, FREE for non-commercial use. For family-friendly personal sites, QSLs, social posting, club sites, newsletters and sundry ham monkey business. Please don't alter beyond sizing but do have fun with our compliments - no need to ask for permission or add credit line. All rights reserved. Cheers from Dashtoons' ink-stained OM Jeff K1NSS. http://www.dashtoons.com/dash!clipsl.html

* Cutie.png (66.82 KB, 500x247 - viewed 462 times.)

* ClipMONSTER.png (63.94 KB, 500x299 - viewed 462 times.)

* Pierced van.gif (16.52 KB, 257x186 - viewed 399 times.)

We have met the enemy and he is THEM.
K1NSS
Contributing

OM Cartoonist

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 01:21:37 AM »

FONE CAT! This just in...our free ham clip art o'the day.http://www.dashtoons.com/dash!clipsl.html

* FONE CAT clip.jpg (99.92 KB, 410x464 - viewed 459 times.)

W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 08:01:13 PM »

So dem I says to Choppy, "you gotta respec my side of da fence, see?"  And he sez, "wazza matter you, ain't never seen a real Tom before?  Den he makes big hissss.

Wear a sec, tail slippin..

Ok, tight now.  Still on de air.  So I sez, "you come on dis side 'n I'll show you da claw, man.  big time."

Well, bout dat time his ol' lady calls em. "Screeeech,..dinner!"    ...an he's saved by da bell.

What din't you get?   Yeah, I'm not goin to repeat the whole ting. Wha.?  ok so how's  my audio.?

Ok, "YUREEEE.!"

RICK  *W3RSW*
K1NSS
Contributing

OM Cartoonist

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:35:54 AM »

HA! Nothing ever changes on 75 fone, same old alley cats fighting over empty tuna cans. Nine lives?  More like 3900 lives.

ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »

Ah, the golden days of 75 meters.......I remember listening to "Gator Stakes" on 3898 KHz on either Friday or Saturday evening during the mid 80s. How many here remember the "stakes"?

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »

Choose from an unusual assortment of ham clip art growing by the day, FREE for non-commercial use. For family-friendly personal sites, QSLs, social posting, club sites, newsletters and sundry ham monkey business. Please don't alter beyond sizing but do have fun with our compliments - no need to ask for permission or add credit line. All rights reserved. Cheers from Dashtoons' ink-stained OM Jeff K1NSS. http://www.dashtoons.com/dash!clipsl.html

Very nice Jeff!

Joe, GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
K1NSS
Contributing

OM Cartoonist

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:30:25 PM »

Very nice Jeff!

Joe, GMS
[/quote]

Tnx Joe, glad you like 'em!

Just added this cat who got himself a Dayton flea deal on slight seconds.

73 Jeff K1NSS

* cat 500.png (233.93 KB, 555x500 - viewed 423 times.)

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »

Tnx Joe, glad you like 'em!

Just added this cat who got himself a Dayton flea deal on slight seconds.

73 Jeff K1NSS

[/quote]

Very cool Jeff.  I went to your website and saw a bunch more.  I made a good friend of mine aware of them.   He is a real fan of the cartoonist Jeeves that was in QST for many years.   Since my main interest is with radio from the 20's and 30's some of your work on my next QSL cards would been neat. 

Keep that creative streak alive!

Joe, W3GMS   

K1NSS
Contributing

OM Cartoonist

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 08:44:53 PM »

Joe,

"Jeeves" was the butler character of cartoons by QST cartoonist Phil "Gil" Gildersleeve, W1CJD.  Like so many, I too am a big fan.  The ARRL publishes a smaller paperback of his work which I own, but I wish they'd do a big coffee table art book version including his color covers and a substantial bio.  Gil's style has a deceptively simple sweetness that artistically is no mean feat to achieve. I've played a little at it, but to truly carry off that effortless line requires a level of talent I can only envy.  I remember it very fondly in the QSTs I read as a kid in the 60s and  strange as this might sound, his toons old school/lost world of breadboard rigs and open wire feeds attracted me all the more to ham radio. Much as I was nuts for space stuff, I was crazier for old time radio.  Born too late!

Best

Jeff

W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 10:52:59 PM »

Joe,

"Jeeves" was the butler character of cartoons by QST cartoonist Phil "Gil" Gildersleeve, W1CJD.  Like so many, I too am a big fan.  The ARRL publishes a smaller paperback of his work which I own, but I wish they'd do a big coffee table art book version including his color covers and a substantial bio.  Gil's style has a deceptively simple sweetness that artistically is no mean feat to achieve. I've played a little at it, but to truly carry off that effortless line requires a level of talent I can only envy.  I remember it very fondly in the QSTs I read as a kid in the 60s and  strange as this might sound, his toons old school/lost world of breadboard rigs and open wire feeds attracted me all the more to ham radio. Much as I was nuts for space stuff, I was crazier for old time radio.  Born too late!

Best

Jeff

Very interesting Jeff.  Not having any art ability, I always admire those that perfect the talent in doing such things.  Very good on "Jeeves" and I do remember QST publishing a book on his works.  Maybe with a little feedback to the League, they would come up with a more comprehensive  publication of his work.  Nothing much better than open wire line coming into a shack through some large feed-thru insulation going to a big tank coil made from some copper pipe.  Stick a pot belly stove in the corner and the rest they say is history! 

Keep cranking out those creations!

Joe, W3GMS   

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 02:28:12 AM »

FONE CAT! This just in...our free ham clip art o'the day.http://www.dashtoons.com/dash!clipsl.html

That one's puuurr-fect for me!

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
WB4AIO
WB4AIO
Contributing

Better fidelity means better communication.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 06:58:09 AM »

Ah, the golden days of 75 meters.......I remember listening to "Gator Stakes" on 3898 KHz on either Friday or Saturday evening during the mid 80s. How many here remember the "stakes"?

I remember them. I liked the "stakes" because it occupied some of the anti-AM types and kept them well away from the AM Window -- all on one frequency, no less.

I remember that the "net control" was often W4 "Mexico Panama Eatin'opium."

All the best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.

w4bfs
W4 Beans For Supper
Contributing

more inpoot often yields more outpoot

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »

I remember them. I liked the "stakes" because it occupied some of the anti-AM types and kept them well away from the AM Window -- all on one frequency, no less.

I remember that the "net control" was often W4 "Mexico Panama Eatin'opium."

All the best,

Kevin, WB4AIO.

W4MPE otherwise known as Phil the mud pie eater .... he could completely tune his L4B with one belch ....what a class act

Beefus

O would some power the gift give us
to see ourselves as others see us.
It would from many blunders free us.         Robert Burns
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015