The AM Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:07:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HT-37  (Read 4333 times)
AE1CT
« on: March 05, 2013, 09:35:09 PM »

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO KEY THE HALLICRAFTER HT-37 TRANSMITTER WITHOUT USING THE MOX SWITCH. I WANT TO REPLACE THE ORIGANAL MIC PLUG WITH  A 4 PIN MIC PLUG AND THEN KEY THE TRANSMITTER USING A D-104 THAT WILL BE CONNECTED TO THE 4 PIN MIC PLUG. AE1CT@YAHOO.COM
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 10:56:06 PM »

Can't recall if I addded them or they were already there, but my HT-37 has a standard 4 pin mic jack with a PTT line to ground for TX.  There is also an RCA jack on the rear panel for connecting a PTT switch line, such as for a foot switch.

I went to the locat Rat Shack a few weeks ago to pick up a 4 pin mic cable  side connector (female) for the HT-37..they did not stock it although they still had the 4 pin male mic panel mount connectors.  Seems to me they would be more likelyto sell the cable side connectors than the panel connectors..go figure...

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
AE1CT
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 01:04:54 AM »

Can't recall if I addded them or they were already there, but my HT-37 has a standard 4 pin mic jack with a PTT line to ground for TX.  There is also an RCA jack on the rear panel for connecting a PTT switch line, such as for a foot switch.

I went to the locat Rat Shack a few weeks ago to pick up a 4 pin mic cable  side connector (female) for the HT-37..they did not stock it although they still had the 4 pin male mic panel mount connectors.  Seems to me they would be more likelyto sell the cable side connectors than the panel connectors..go figure...
THERE IS NO RCA JACK ON THE BACK OF MY HT-37 AND I STILL HAVE THE ORIGANAL  AMPEHNOL 75-MCIF MIC CONNECTOR. ANY IDEAS ON HOW I CAN WIRE IN A PTT LINE?
wa3dsp

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 02:17:42 AM »

Here is a link to a number of mods to the HT37. Scroll down for an article on adding PTT. It looks like an easy mod.

http://www.boatanchors.org/HT37.htm

KC4VWU

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 08:42:33 AM »

It would be best to use a stereo 1/4" jack instead of a 4 pin chassis mount connector .The phone jack will drop right in, 4 pin would necessitate drilling which would prevent returning to the stock Amphenol single button jack if the need did arise. Maybe there is a key line on the accessory jack for the '37? Been a while since I've owned one.

73, Phil
n1uvi

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »

I modified my HT 37 for PTT and maintained the old girl's integrity
this is how I did it

The MOX switch simply grounds the VOX relay to transmit
so I took the cw key input on the front (already a 1/4 in. phone) and wired it to the VOX circuitry to do the same and removed the connection to the MOX switch.
the cw key input on the rear 8 pin socket still works for cw, but the front plug is now PTT for phone.

The VOX however is always working even in the MOX position
so you can do one of two things, reduce the VOX sensitivity control
or what I did, interrupt the VOX circuit with a switch, which I mounted on the rear of the chassis.(no drilling there are acc holes there already) So to use VOX I reach out back and flip the switch on
VOX now works in MOX or VOX and can simply be turned off without disturbing the level and delay controls.
If your not going to use VOX simply reduce the VOX sensitivity pot, if you decide to use it you have to take the top cover off to turn it up (a real pain in the cuss)
If you need more details let me know
AE1CT
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:12:01 AM »

I CHANGED OUT THE MIC PLUG TO A 4 PIN MIC PLUG ON THE FRONT AND WIRED TO THE VOX CURCIT THAT WAS REFERED TO ME AND IT WORKS GREAT. NOW I CAN USE MY D-104 MIC AND KEY THE RADIO THROUGH THE MIC. THANKS TO ALL WHO GAVE VERY GOOD IDEAS AND ADVICE. NOW AS SOON AS I GET A DOW KEY ILL BE BACK ON AM, ITS BEEN OVER 20YRS SINCE I WAS LAST ON AM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015