The AM Forum
May 19, 2024, 07:51:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quiet in the Window...  (Read 3503 times)
KC4VWU

« on: December 31, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »

Nothing happening but some cool blues down on 3875. Stuck on 3885 rock bound w/ the GPT-350  Sad Sad

---Phil
KC4VWU

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 10:20:14 PM »

Thanks.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »

Just looked out all of my windows, Phil. Didn't see you. Wink

Sounds like you need one of the TMC VOX VFO units for that bad boy.

Best wishes for a Happy New Year OM. Just over a month to FrostFest. Might see you there.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »

Heard the Tron telling stories down on 3875 a few hours ago. Don't have a receiver here so I'm using W4AX's webSDR located near Atlanta. http://w4ax.com/

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
KC4VWU

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:13:31 AM »

Hey Todd,
                You need to get out of the VIP section once in a while and roll the VFO up to the ghetto to hang out with us GC's every once in a while! Hi! Hi Hi, FB! Just kidding. Happy New Year to you and the family and hope to see you guys in Richmond. Please tell Johnny not to slug me if he makes it back in time to be there. Grin Grin BTW, the filaments are still lit and I'll be listening as long as the frosty adult beverages last.

73, Phil   
KC4VWU

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:15:03 AM »

Oh, and Shelby, why don't you have a rx? Not at your QTH?

---Phil
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 10:28:41 PM »

Hey Todd,
                You need to get out of the VIP section once in a while and roll the VFO up to the ghetto to hang out with us GC's every once in a while! Hi! Hi Hi, FB! Just kidding. Happy New Year to you and the family and hope to see you guys in Richmond. Please tell Johnny not to slug me if he makes it back in time to be there. Grin Grin BTW, the filaments are still lit and I'll be listening as long as the frosty adult beverages last. 

I haven't been on the air anywhere for a few months now, Phil. Need to perform some overdue repairs and maintenance to the transmitters but the new baby has kept me busy and sleepy. When I'm on I do wander up into the 75m portion of the band from time to time, usually afternoons or later at night after the problem children have gone to bed. Always enjoy chatting with Jeff, Ken & Kerri, Al, even manage to catch Bill/MPY now and then. I can always tell if I'm on late enough because John N1MysteryMeatDinner will holler just as I'm signing out. I'd have trouble hearing him earlier in the evening.

Johnny'd probably give you a pat on the back for saving him from hauling home another piece of gear.

Don't have a receiver here so I'm using W4AX's webSDR located near Atlanta. http://w4ax.com/

Can't remember which one(s) I used but for several years I was in Florida with the then-YL for Christmas with her family. Always missed the HMR but did manage to listen in a few times via online receivers. Was better than nothing, but takes some getting used to. Certainly an interesting aspect of having internet access.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 08:48:52 AM »

---Phil

I have my HF station set up in the farmhouse on my family's farm, which is a quarter mile down the road from where I actually live. A lot better and quieter location than here at this house.

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 12:56:42 PM »

---Phil

I have my HF station set up in the farmhouse on my family's farm, which is a quarter mile down the road from where I actually live. A lot better and quieter location than here at this house.

Time for a microwave link : )
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015