The AM Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:26:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: Globe Champion 350, Needs Work - Spoken For  (Read 2149 times)
Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« on: December 16, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »

I have a buyer for the radio.

I have a GC 350 that's been somewhat ham-hacked by a prior owner, but which I believe that i can be put back into service with a reasonable amount of work.  The primary problem with the radio is that the rear bandswitch wafer (the one that selects the taps on the final tank coil) is fried and needs to be replaced. The VFO and low level RF stages seem to work OK. The finals (Tungsram type OS51) are reported to be NOS by the prior owner, but owing to the bandswitch issue I can't load up the radio and verify their condition. The radio is so-so cosmetically, with a repainted cabinet and a less than perfect front panel. Photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/radio6146/sets/72157632265690514/. There are a couple of other issues that would best be described verbally. Price is $150 firm, which is what I have in it. PM me if you're interested and want more details, and we can set up a fone call to discuss further details about the radio.  This radio is offered for pickup only in Vernon, NJ.

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.
Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015