The AM Forum
May 16, 2024, 01:22:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sept. 11  (Read 2222 times)
WA3VJB
« on: September 11, 2012, 01:24:42 PM »

Please take a moment to remember.

Eleven years has not diminished my recollection of the smell of smoke in the hallways of the Pentagon, where I was the nights that followed the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001

Nor will I ever forget the grim chill that I felt the morning of 9/11, watching television monitors of the WTC complex, and turning to my right and looking out an office window at the US Capitol, wondering if that was the last time I would see the dome.

And all the souls who perished.

* 1347383435000.jpg (638.51 KB, 1025x768 - viewed 335 times.)
RolandSWL
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »

Totally surreal. My company closed for a few days so I took a long walk at Jones Beach on the Isle of Long. I could clearly see the gigantic plume blowing east  and up the coast. It was like a fine yellow mist. I thought 'my God, I'm breathing in their souls'. The boardwalk was full of people, but nobody spoke.
KC2ZFA

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 05:09:37 PM »

I was on the A train to WTC that morning, coming down from the Upper West Side on my way to work in Newark...I almost bought the farm. If there was a way to unlive that day I'ld use it in no time.
K7EDL
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »

I was in Shelly Idaho, woke up to the DJ on the radio talking about a plane hitting the World Trade Center, I thought he meant something like a Cessna. (Apparently the president was also told a plane and assumed the same thing) I turned on the TV and was watching the building smoke with my kids when the second plane hit. My immediate thought was the bastards got us.  I have law enforcement training with classes in terrorism, I had been expecting some type of attempted attack, the scope of this one was unbelievable. I drove into Idaho falls with my family and went to walmart. the whole town looked like 5 AM on a Sunday, no cars on the street, business closed, no cars in parking lots.  Walmart was empty with clerks standing around talking about the attack and asking for details from anyone who came in off the street as they had no source of news. It was an awful day, I am sorry for the loss of family and friends that you gentlemen lost. I hope we as a country can stay vigilant and never suffer anything like this again. 
N0WVA

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »

In some ways those terrorists achieved another "strike" against this great country that may be less obvious to some. Let us all remember "Land of the Free, and the Home of the Brave". Those who sacrificed their lives in war or in peace did it for our liberty and dignity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015