The AM Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:35:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby/Dallas NC Hamfest Anyone?  (Read 2001 times)
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« on: August 24, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »

Next week at this time the old Shelby Hamfest, now located up the road in Dallas, will be in full swing. For those not familiar, it's a large event on par with NEAR-Fest or similar, multi-day hamfests. Technically-speaking, it's Saturday & Sunday. But most of the sellers arrive Wed-Thurs and set up.

A few of us here will be attending along with the usual 4 Land boatanchor, milsurplus, and AM contingents. I'm still in the process of clearing out excess stuff here and will be bringing along a bunch of goodies that need new homes. Prices will be low since it needs to go and since there's always a lot of good stuff for sale by others at Shelby. It's always a fun event provided the hurricanes leave us alone.

Speaking of which, Isaac is headed our way. Doesn't look like a huge storm at this point but I've yet to see the updated track for today. Below is the latest track that was sent to me yesterday. Fingers crossed.

* HurricaneIsaac.jpg (123.7 KB, 960x768 - viewed 324 times.)

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
N4zed

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:36:17 PM »

The Shelby/Dallas hamfest is a "Goodun". I got my General class ticket at the last fest held at the old fairgrounds(?) at Shelby. I haven't made up my mind if I like the new place or not....one thing is that there is a lot more room at the new place as best as I can remember.

The drive is not too bad from Cumming, Ga..

Ken<br />N4zed
KC4VWU

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »

I'm planning on being there, Todd. Will probably get there Thursday afternoon to set up the camper and maybe have a few extra refreshments for whoever might happen to wander along.  I hope it will be a fun, relaxing weekend. Gonna miss some of the gang...

73, Phil
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 10:20:39 PM »

Yeah, it'll be odd not having Greg there. Maybe he'll be watching down on us, pointing us to the deals ahead of the crowd.

Found a BC-191 project and a bunch of plug in drawers, antenna boxes and other goodies today that I'd forgot about. Will probably haul them along to find a new owner. I'll never get back to it at this point.

Hope to see you guys there. We won't be there until Thursday either.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
W8IXY
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:38:58 AM »

I plan on being there Saturday morning, coming in from Cleveland OH.   My wifes' family lives in Charlotte, so we planned on celebrating a couple of birthdays, a holiday weekend, and a hamfest.  It should be a really nice weekend.

Ted  W8IXY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015