The AM Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:04:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stainless Tubing  (Read 2256 times)
WA1GFZ

« on: July 06, 2012, 09:43:25 PM »

A little OT but I blew a brake in my truck line last week and decided to replace all of them because most looked a bit funky. Classic tube in N.Y. sold me a complete kit of prebent stainless tubes. They arrived today and look real nice.
I pulled the bed off to treat the rust spots and give it a good coat of roofing tar. Loctight makes a good product for converting rust.
My Daughter's UCONN bill came and won't be buying a new truck anytime soon. 
K5WLF
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »

A little OT but I blew a brake in my truck line last week and decided to replace all of them because most looked a bit funky. Classic tube in N.Y. sold me a complete kit of prebent stainless tubes. They arrived today and look real nice.
I pulled the bed off to treat the rust spots and give it a good coat of roofing tar. Loctight makes a good product for converting rust.

I won't be buying a new truck either, but that's by choice. I'm currently driving a '93 Dodge Dakota, but I'm looking for a completely pre-computer Chevy with a 292 CID six and a manual gearbox. I want something I can fix myself with bubble gum and baling wire.
K7EDL
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »

I won't be buying a new truck either, but that's by choice. I'm currently driving a '93 Dodge Dakota, but I'm looking for a completely pre-computer Chevy with a 292 CID six and a manual gearbox. I want something I can fix myself with bubble gum and baling wire.

Unless you hate Fords dont pass up a good 300 straight six  lots of power and decent gas mileage unlike the Chevy trucks with the v6..... and while you  have your bed off if you have an in tank fuel pump you might want to change it out and flush out the tank.

Eric
WA1GFZ

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:13:59 PM »

Eric,
That is in the plan. Looks like a 5 minute job. 3 hoses with quick disconnects and two connectors. I think the tank has 10 gallons so may not flush it. the tank is plastic so no rust issues. The pump doesn't owe me anything at 140 kmiles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015