The AM Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update: ARRL QST Digital Edition June 2012  (Read 12637 times)
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« on: March 20, 2012, 03:10:49 PM »

Some new cool stuff from the ARRL web site dated 3/20/12:
In addition to the print copy of QST, all members will have access to an online digital edition of QST -- at no extra cost. You will be able to access QST from anywhere.

Members will also gain access to archived issues of QST from December 1915 to the present; previously, only issues through 2007 have been available to members. A second, new archive will be introduced for issues beginning January 2012, featuring enhanced functionality including full-text search.

Full information on these new benefits can be found here: http://www.arrl.org/news/coming-soon-new-arrl-membership-benefits.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »

Updated FAQ's for the new digital edition of QST:
http://www.arrl.org/digital-qst-faq

The digital look:

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 08:07:34 PM »

Just reviewed the June digital issue of QST, http://www.arrl.org/qst . Looks great, easy to view, easy to navigate, several articles include a video with additional information, cool page noise as you flip the pages. You can save it to your desktop, read it on line, print pages, also thumbnail view of all pages, and some additional features. At least with this version, the postal beavers can't chew up the pages.

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »

I approve highly of the digital editions and yet still enjoy having the paper ones. There can be times when insufficient technology is available, the immediate situation is boring, and they are handy for a diversion.

For example when trapped riding in a car for 6 hours with people that have little of common interest to discuss. After enough time it is difficult to remain engaged and it is rude to feign interest beyond a point. That's when the ER and QST come out! About that same time my nephew gets out his hand held game device, etc etc.

On that note, I wonder if it would act as the console in that front-page article. I liked that article very much but don't have a tablet or smartphone like that and no USB on the rig or interface.

I hope the ARRL will continue to publish interesting material of all sorts and keep the online service too.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015