The AM Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:01:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HQ129x relay jacks  (Read 2969 times)
ve6pg

« on: June 03, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »

..on the back of the 129 are 2 pin holes for relay...what is the voltage on these, for muting the ting...getting tired of manually putting the rcvr in the "send" position...my t/r is 115v triggered from the viker2...

..tim..

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »

Not specified on the schematic.  Looks like perhaps line voltage or higher.

-The relay trigger voltage of your transmitter has nothing to do with this.  All you need to do is choose a relay contact rated for the voltage of the 129x.

Most accurate answer:  Measure it.  You may get best reading with S1 switch in Transmit position.

cheers, bill

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 12:23:32 PM »

Tim,

This may be obvious, but perhaps what you are asking is there is no relay in your radio.  

The connection brings out the same circuit that is across your front panel T/R switch, B+ in the IF section.

You supply the relay externally, leaving the switch in transmit.

I'd make sure it is a real relay, not an SS unit.

73DG

Just pacing the Farady cage...
ve6pg

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 04:28:07 PM »

ok..the point about the viker is, the 115 from it triggers my t/r which switches ant from receive to transmit..as well, it mutes receivers like the nc300, sx25, sx101 etc...but how do i mute the 129, if it is has no mute circuit?..what is the point of triggering an out board relay from the 129?..
..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:47:16 PM »

The relay terminals on the back of your radio are in parallel with the Send-Receive switch on the front panel.  You put a set of normally closed relay contacts across the Relay terminals on the '129X and put the Send-Receive switch in the Send position.  When your NC antenna relay auxiliary contacts open during transmit the HV in the radio will be interrupted and the radio will mute.  Just be sure that your relay contacts can handle around 300 Volts to allow some margin so as not to cook the contacts over time. I think the power supply in the radio runs around 250 Volts.  As was said earlier, the best way to detemine the voltage across the contacts is to measure it with the '129 switch in Send position, but a 300 V set of contacts should cover you.

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.
Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 02:37:58 AM »

ok..the point about the viker is, the 115 from it triggers my t/r which switches ant from receive to transmit..as well, it mutes receivers like the nc300, sx25, sx101 etc...but how do i mute the 129, if it is has no mute circuit?..what is the point of triggering an out board relay from the 129?..
..sk..

Tim, you are getting it backwards.  The Hammy doesn't trigger the relay.

Your transmitting relay triggers the radio by opening the circuit to the 'relay' terminals.  

You will need to use a pair of normally closed contacts that open on transmit.

73DG

Just pacing the Farady cage...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015