The AM Forum
May 16, 2024, 03:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I made it past the property line!  (Read 2156 times)
W2CKL
« on: May 17, 2012, 02:57:02 PM »

Hello All,
After getting back from work late Sunday night I decided it was time for the official test, with the knobs set from last Thursdays early morning tune up, I gave it a quick check..Grid drive peaked at 2.5…Plate dipped at 140..No smoke. It was a go, and with action around 3.875, I threw out my call. At the next go around, KB3WFV recognized the W2 station, as always, it was a bit of a thrill to know that my signal was getting out. After the old “name, location, station info” I passed it over to W4BVT, who also had a decent copy on my signal. With relatively good conditions we went around until about midnight.
Monday night was a bit noisy, but I managed to get in a quick QSO with N8UUH, before sinking down into the noise.
On Tuesday I listened around and found a group at 3.880, gave out my call, and sure enough I was heard, with the next turnover WA1HLR and KB1NFS acknowledge my call, with N1GTU and K1MV coming in a bit later. Probably conditions, but I seemed to be hearing the Maine stations much stronger than the closer, Connecticut stations. Before the static took me out, I got some good signal reports, and a lot of good tips on audio mods for the DX-60. All in all, a good test run with solid contacts, no whiffs of smoke, and to my knowledge, no one was hearing me through their TV. Tongue
So, as I return to work for a few days I’ve been busy on the AM Window printing out mods, looking at schematics, and transferring the hurriedly copied on air notes to one sheet of paper, with any luck I’ll have a go at it next week, or at least have a better handle on things, so that I can ask questions.
-Bob     
KL7OF

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »

Welcome...good to hear a story from someone who gets a thrill from radio...Hope to work you someday...Steve KL7OF  Tum Tum , WA
N8IE
Contributing

Bullies need love too, hug me or I'll punch you!

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 03:17:14 PM »

Nice work Bob.
I had a nice DX-60 setup, now running a DX-35.

My latest venture into AM is with a recently acquired Yaesu FT-401B. Hope to catch you on one night.

For just $1 a month you can save a Ham from SSB.
Please give to AMfone today, I did!

Remember, Hams don't let Ham's run SSB...
Dan, N8IE
Steve - K4HX
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 05:34:57 PM »

Congrats on the contacts. The magic of radio still exists and it's good to see you are having fun. Hope to talk to you soon on the air.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015