The AM Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:21:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HPSDR HERMES  (Read 4681 times)
WA1GFZ

« on: March 18, 2012, 09:43:45 PM »

The HPSDR guys started a list of interested people in the new HPSDR XCVR board coming out this summer. 10khz to 55MHz, 1/2 watt exciter with an IP3 of better than -50dB, Receiver the same as Mercury 16 bits sampled at 122 MHz. Ethernet interface (100T/1000T). All on a 4 inch by 6 inch board that runs off a 12 volt supply. Talk is the old boards will become a high performance spectrum analyzer or VNA.
There is 100 watt final in the works.   
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:01:35 PM »

So they are finally here.  If ya wait long enuff everything will eventually get there.... Wink   Ought to be a FB xcvr. So what are they costing, about $500?

After building up the separate HPSDR TX/RX rigs I suppose they could become a dedicated spec analyzer now. Just like getting a new rig and the old one becomes the backup.

So they have a built-in ethernet module... no need to buy that expensive add-on board that you got last year to replace that older computer interface?

I wonder if they worked out the 100w IMD amp specs to complement the super clean exciter.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 08:41:22 AM »

Tom,
The old hardware will have a new life as a spectrum analyzer / network analyzer.
New boards will be designed. I think ozy doesn't have the horse power.
BTW powered up the latest MRI modules. Look pretty good above 40m without any modifications. IP3 is ok but IP5 and IP7 and above way down.
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:15:45 PM »

wazdeprice gonna be?

got link?

assembled?

1/2w is ok fine for me.

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: